Notices

Tried day 1, failed miserabely

Old 06-03-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Tried day 1, failed miserabely

Decided it was time to quite, got some sleep through the night.. what do I wake to the next day?

Endless people shouting verbal abuse into my house like once after 10-15 minutes from about 9am to 5:30pm - adults not kids.

I don't know why this happened I have not actually done anything infact have not been out of the house in a while.. some real heroes shouting and that hopping into their car speeding away.

Cops useless as once cops show up then they don't shout and turns into a my word against theirs crap and that renders them powerless.. this filthy council estate will have me killing myself on drink indirectly - will be drinking tonight as my nerves are wrecked.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Who are these people shouting at you?????? Neighbors, strangers, friends?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InperfectlyMe View Post
Who are these people shouting at you?????? Neighbors, strangers, friends?
Strangers, god knows why.. I done some stupid crap in the last past year nothing serious but seems to be an explosion of hatred recently onto me from strangers??
Old 06-03-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't drink it won't make anything better happen it will only make you as out of control as the people shouting at you.plUs alcohol mixed with people taunting you equals not a good outcome!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There will always be a reason to drink. Us drunks can always find something. The hard part is accepting the fact that we alcoholics and cannot drink.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Time to get off this crazy ride, Guyver. I don't know what your recovery strategy is, but I'm thinking you don't have one. Please enlighten me if I'm wrong. Time to step up, committ to not drinking, and find a way to deal with your anger, nerves, anxiety, and so forth so you stay sober.

Good luck.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep trying you will get it.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

By council estate, am I right in assuming your in the UK?

Can you try go find a local drop in center or neighbourhood watch group that can help you put a petition together? I would also go to your local housing office and explain the situation. You may have a council house someone else wants and can be moved.

Other options... buy a cheap dictaphone and use your camera phone of some recording device to try capture some of it.

Lastly... try go to your docs and explain about your nerves and drinking and you don't want to but you need help until you can resolve this situation.

Hope it gets sorted for you.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Giving into alcohol is not going to stop the abusive neighbors, in fact you might do something stupid and worsen the situation. Keep your head on straight and go to a meeting.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
Decided it was time to quite, got some sleep through the night.. what do I wake to the next day?

Endless people shouting verbal abuse into my house like once after 10-15 minutes from about 9am to 5:30pm - adults not kids.

I don't know why this happened I have not actually done anything infact have not been out of the house in a while.. some real heroes shouting and that hopping into their car speeding away.

Cops useless as once cops show up then they don't shout and turns into a my word against theirs crap and that renders them powerless.. this filthy council estate will have me killing myself on drink indirectly - will be drinking tonight as my nerves are wrecked.

That sounds horrible and all, but I think you are using it as an excuse to feed into your addiction. Ive had many days, even at the start of my sobriety that were less than perfect. The whole sober thing is ALL ABOUT learning to deal with these types of things without alcohol as a crutch. Its doesnt help anything to drink, and remember you get nothing for free in the chemical world. You think your nerves are bad now, wait till you pump your system full of booze and then wake up shaky, heart racing, dehydrated, and sweaty.

So you had a bad day, things were less than ideal. How can you teach yourself to cope with this alcohol free? I can promise you, there will be many days that are less than perfect, some will be straight up awful, but you cant run to booze every time. This just continues the cycle you are in, keeping you a prisoner to the bottle.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This not about pple shouting at u. I kno things get difficult in the early days. Life will be like this always. Good times, bad. Whether u pick up or not. If u do, it will not make things better. I'm just learning this myself. Hell, I knew it already. Its in your mind, heart, and soul. You know what you've gtta do.
I just suffered a major loss in my family this past weekend. Don't ever give up. No matter what. Dnt let 2 many years escape you.