Notices

On My Way to a Binge

Old 06-03-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Happiness & Gratefullness NOW

On My Way to a Binge

Yesterday was a "day." Big argument with my soon to be X who pays no child support since he was fired in Nov. Came to my house to watch the kids after no contact in a week. He was going to watch them at my home. He got them ready for church and just as we were leaving, said he didn't want to go just let him stay here. I hesitated. I feel he disrespects me and my home, broke down a door, leaves cig butts in my garage and in a fish tank outside, had an affair with my child care worker who lived with me, then did something to my Internet, because they didn't want me to contact her mother. Still, I let him stay. Then I was leaving, he said he would put up the kids pool. I said no, I want to help and see how to do it. I didn't say all my concerns. I bought stuff to stop the leaking at the hose outlet, I wanted to put it a certain place and fill it once. I don't want the added expense of the water. I came home and the pool is almost full (3feet). I was so mad and yelled at him. Then he left leaving me to fix every thing and watch our five year olds. Does any of this matter? I hadn't had antibuse in days, so drank. Now, thinking of getting more and disappearing in a binge. I have things to take care of today! I so wish I didn't have a liquor store. Walking distance.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Drinking will only make everything worse, especially a binge. Be strong for you and your kids and face the problems without the cloud of alcohol complicating things more.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can learn healthy ways to deal with the upsets that come along. The only thing that will change if you work is that you will feel worse about yourself. I hope you can stay sober today.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hate it. I have the thing that will destroy me. Why can't I understand and stay from it?
Old 06-03-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel now The Lord understands. Please pray for me Lisa in Bennsville, MD.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing now Lisa?

D
Old 06-03-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Just sending you a big hug Lisa.
Please don't go on a binge over your ex, it won t change the fact that he is an annoying deadbeat jackass and it will make things worst, come the morning he ll still be a jerk and you will feel horrible about yourself. Stay strong for your little ones.
Do you go to AA or another support group? Maybe talking with another lady face to face and going to a meeting will help.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Lisa,

I hope you are doing okay today. When we drink we want to hurt the person who hurt us but in reality we are hurting ourselves. I am a mom to young kids too. Stay strong for them! Hugs, PG
Old 06-03-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Grateful

I just got back from a meeting an hour ago and the topic was letting other people affect your sobriety. It sounds like he knows how to push your buttons. You can't change him but you can change how you deal with the situation. If drinking is how you have dealt with it in the past it doesn't sound like it's working. I hope you change your mind about going on a binge. Be brave and face life sober, you'll feel a lot better about yourself in the long run.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by WhyIsThisMyLife View Post
Yesterday was a "day." Big argument with my soon to be X who pays no child support since he was fired in Nov. Came to my house to watch the kids after no contact in a week. He was going to watch them at my home. He got them ready for church and just as we were leaving, said he didn't want to go just let him stay here. I hesitated. I feel he disrespects me and my home, broke down a door, leaves cig butts in my garage and in a fish tank outside, had an affair with my child care worker who lived with me, then did something to my Internet, because they didn't want me to contact her mother. Still, I let him stay. Then I was leaving, he said he would put up the kids pool. I said no, I want to help and see how to do it. I didn't say all my concerns. I bought stuff to stop the leaking at the hose outlet, I wanted to put it a certain place and fill it once. I don't want the added expense of the water. I came home and the pool is almost full (3feet). I was so mad and yelled at him. Then he left leaving me to fix every thing and watch our five year olds. Does any of this matter? I hadn't had antibuse in days, so drank. Now, thinking of getting more and disappearing in a binge. I have things to take care of today! I so wish I didn't have a liquor store. Walking distance.

Well you are the only one who can make that choice. Do you want to be known as a drunk who crumbles under pressure for your whole life? I can tell you now, if you think things seem bad now, wait till you wake up after the binge.........then it will really be a hot mess. Not only will you have all the problems you mentioned, but toss in some guilt, with a side of depression, anxiety, and lets throw in some feelings of hopelessness as well. What a lovely little recipe for HELL.

Being sober is more than setting the bottle down, its about learning how to deal with these life situations with a level head, so you can make decision you feel good about. The more you do this, the more confidence you build. With confidence comes the ability to tackle higher mountains and grow in every way possible. You cant control what other people do and will drive yourself crazy attempting to do so. Your Ex, your boss, your kids, your friends, anyone! You have no control over their actions, but you do over your own. Its that simple, but like I said..........the choice is up to you.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Life happens. Stuff happens. We dnt like it, and I kno many times because it didn't go my way I was
livid. Be greatful, be happy u have so much in your life. Seems you are blessed. Don't ever give up on you. There is alwys a resn 2 pick up and justify it. Please don't go there. Enjoy your life, and live it well We all only have 1. If u do this, u will b better. I kno its true.hard 4 some, but the rewards r priceless. Binges. Suc in my opinion. Been there 2 many times. U r way bttr then tht!