Notices

My first post

Old 06-02-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My first post

Hi. I've lurked on this site after joining a while back. I'm sick and tired of being controlled by alcohol, waking up feeling guilty and depressed because I gave into my compulsion to drink, feeling weak and pathetic, and like the worst mother in the world because I'm setting a terrible example for me kids. They are still little but before long they will understand that I drink too much. I want so much to stop. For myself, my kids, and my husband.
I'm 32 years old and if I then myself around I can have a lot of happy years ahead of me. Thanks for listening.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, you can change things. I'm glad you found us and that you have decided to stop drinking.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Iwanttobebetter

There is always hope and it's never too late - 6 years ago I wandered in here beaten and battered - this place helped me turn my life around.

I know we can help you do that too

D
Old 06-02-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR Iwanttobebetter. This is a great place where you'll find all sorts of support and encouragement from people who understand.

You sound committed to having a better life - one lived free from alcohol. I was controlled by it, too - and I went on for many more years than you have, trying to use willpower to control what I drank. It never worked, & in the end I was much better off just kicking it out of my life for good. You can do this.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

talk with us in the chat room.

we are often there at various times during the day for support!

hugs,
~SB
Old 06-02-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!!! I'm about your age and a stat home mom two girls 7 and 4! I'm doing it and so can you! You will not believe how good you will feel physically. There is a moms club in the daily support section come introduce yourself I think you'll feel at home!
Old 06-02-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thank you all so much! it took a lot for me to post that. i've known i have a problem for years and have admitted it to my husband and sister but putting it "out there" has been so hard. i'm ashamed of the pathetic person i am and really and truly want to do better. i will check out the mom group. would also like to post in the women's forum but for some reason i'm restricted. do i need to have a minimum number of posts to do that?
Old 06-02-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InperfectlyMe View Post
Welcome!!!!! I'm about your age and a stat home mom two girls 7 and 4! I'm doing it and so can you! You will not believe how good you will feel physically. There is a moms club in the daily support section come introduce yourself I think you'll feel at home!
my kids are 7, 4, and almost 2! heading over to the mom club.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Any female can post in the women's forum. I'm glad you want to be sober. I got sober over three years ago with the help of this site and my counselor and don't regret a minute of it. Only wish I'd quit sooner.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

You have no restrictions and are more than welcome to post in the Women's forum.