Notices

an update on me

Old 06-02-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

an update on me

It is looking better , but not....quite yet. I have started face to face meeting and use SR more . I need to get to like the face in the mirror . I have issues when alone and communicating with people. The past. A lot to work on. I've been trying to figure out what got me where i am. What got me started in the first place. I have serious anger issues, I just like to share one. I went to fireworks outdoor event yesterday with my family and friends. When it was over we boarded shuttle buses to take us to our cars. I had already text dealer and was in a hurry to get there. Things where quite disorganized with that and we weren't moving fast enough. Another shuttle bus pulled out in front of ours and I blurted out " go " real loud . I got the whole bus full of people looking at me , my daughter included. She's says to me " hey dad you need a Zanax ". Quite embarrassing. I'm.......... I , I , . Whatever I do i am trying to be honest here. Whatever I get I deserve....Good share from fellow NA member " Going to meetings and not doing the steps is like going to work and not getting paid "
Old 06-02-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

keep an eye on him

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post

I need to get to like the face in the mirror

my sponsor taught me early on in sobriety
not necessarily to learn to like the one in the mirror who looks back at me
but
to keep an eye on him
for he is the one who has deceived me the most

a fool is one who fools himself
Old 06-02-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good to hear you tell your story. I was always curious to know more about how you feel about using.

Stay strong today!

Ken
Old 06-02-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

It helps me to share , no matter . In the process I hope that one single person reads, relates and is saved the suffering even for one single day
Old 06-02-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing tr
Old 06-02-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Ricky, reading what you share, both here today and in posts where you are supporting others, always helps me and makes me think. I think you're a better communicator than you give yourself credit for. I also have anger and serious, serious issues with impatience. Your share about saying "go" loudly reminds me of stuff I do like that all the time---even sober---that usually ends up with people staring at me like, "And, hey, who's the crazy chick?" I'm getting better and maybe it was a lot about the circumstance you found yourself in as well. I know when people came between me and getting to my glass of wine there was inevitably hell to pay.

In any case, glad you're posting more and hitting up more meetings. Hope you're having a good rest of the evening and see ya around tomorrow!
Old 06-02-2013, 10:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
It is looking better , but not....quite yet. I have started face to face meeting and use SR more . I need to get to like the face in the mirror . I have issues when alone and communicating with people. The past. A lot to work on. I've been trying to figure out what got me where i am. What got me started in the first place. I have serious anger issues, I just like to share one. I went to fireworks outdoor event yesterday with my family and friends. When it was over we boarded shuttle buses to take us to our cars. I had already text dealer and was in a hurry to get there. Things where quite disorganized with that and we weren't moving fast enough. Another shuttle bus pulled out in front of ours and I blurted out " go " real loud . I got the whole bus full of people looking at me , my daughter included. She's says to me " hey dad you need a Zanax ". Quite embarrassing. I'm.......... I , I , . Whatever I do i am trying to be honest here. Whatever I get I deserve....Good share from fellow NA member " Going to meetings and not doing the steps is like going to work and not getting paid "
Dont feel bad! Having a short temper and snapping at people is part of the process. Its so easy to be angry, especially when doing a self evaluation. The anger will ebb away with time, but you have to stare it down and challenge it head on. Its part of why you abused chemicals to begin with. People think getting sober is the hard part, but no, its learning to express yourself and learning to deal with all that makes up you that is the real test. Its not easy, but you will be SO much better for it when all is said and done, and it takes time. There is no strict timetable of how to do this. You have taken the steps in the right direction, now when you get angry as yourself why? Is it the withdrawal or the anxiety from not using? Is it that people are just naturally annoying especially in crowds? lol. OR, is it all the above. Process your emotions and deal with them. As you do, confidence boosts and you get stronger each and every day.