Notices

Class of June 2013

Old 06-12-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

So tired, I could go to sleep right now if I lay my head.

I'm sure I'm struggling to adapt to the peace in my life at the moment, crazy I know but I don't know what to do with myself now I'm not drunk or coping with a stinking hang over and stressed to the max.

Everything seems to be working out just fine thou
Old 06-12-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Good!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

Originally Posted by Sinderos View Post
I am also finishing up day 2. I have a function as well tomorrow night that I hope lasts until at least 8 to make it easier to make it through day 2. I completely understand what you mean about making it through the first weekend. I feel the exact same way. Good luck!!!
Hello Sinderos.. well my 'outing' tonight got canceled, so I'm going to go for a drive and do some window shopping instead during the "witching" hours.. 5-8 or so.. Good luck to you too! Day 3 so far so good.. :-) We can do this.. ON the Notre Dame website there is a page about quitting alcohol for 30 days and has different posts from every day. I tried posting the link, but am not allowed to do that yet on here.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

but damn I didn't drink yesterday and I'm not drinking today and that's as much as I can do right now......

Hang in there.. one day at a time.. I've even heard of people taking it a minute at a time which is what I might have to do this weekend.. Especially try not to let your family dogma get you off track. I love my siblings, but they really know how to push my insecurity buttons.. I have to just grit my teeth sometimes..
Old 06-12-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Day 1 for me here.

Already almost all of the morning has been spent with my head going back and forth, thinking about not drinking/drinking tonight. One of the most intense and destructive thoughts that re-occurs over and over to me is "tomorrow I can start on not drinking." It's sick how often that refrain plays and plays.

Everyone's story here is an inspiration.
I have the same thoughts.. I'm on day 3 and that devil on my shoulder is trying to tell me that having a glass of wine with dinner won't hurt, which of course it wouldn't.. except that I wouldn't STOP with 1.. It would be 3-4 (by my size, which is a full bottle of wine) , and then I would be drunk (or maybe not by now, my tolerance is so high, I don't even really feel the buzz anymore).. and then I would wake up in the middle of the night feeling guilty and remorseful... So, I'm "playing the tape through" like they say.. Oh, and I am ALSO eating whatever I want.. Chocolate covered strawberries last night, m&ms after lunch today.. tonight I'm having a huge bowl of butter laden popcorn. I may get high cholesteral and gain a few, but I won't be a drunk!!! Hang in there!!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshinescooby View Post
Hello Sinderos.. well my 'outing' tonight got canceled, so I'm going to go for a drive and do some window shopping instead during the "witching" hours.. 5-8 or so.. Good luck to you too! Day 3 so far so good.. :-) We can do this.. ON the Notre Dame website there is a page about quitting alcohol for 30 days and has different posts from every day. I tried posting the link, but am not allowed to do that yet on here.
I'm sorry your outing got cancelled. I know exactly eat you mean by the witching hours. My first drink was usually at 5:30. That was the time I got home and immediately walked back in the house from walking the dog. By 8 I was usually buzzing if not drunk. Depending on how fast I downed the drinks and if I ate dinner or not.

Thankfully my outing starts at 6. I have to change clothes and walk the dog. If I get there a little early it's ok. I'm hoping it lasts until at least 8 so I won't have too much time to have to be home alone...which is where the worst of my drinking took place.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

Originally Posted by SoberForMySon View Post
Will I ever get this right?

AA tonight at 8 I think. I think it's time to go.
Yes, you will get it right if you keep trying.. I quit smoking SO many times.. I still tell people I'm one cigarette away from a pack a day.. and it's true.. If I smoke even ONE cigarette, then I'll smoke one more, and one more, and so on.. As for alcohol, I'm still bargaining with myself.. just quit for a month/week/few days.. Even though booze is now always on my mind, I have to stop thinking about it and just take it one day at a time

“Promises to ourselves will always materialize if we work for them.”

-Alcoholics Anonymous

Today I promise not to drink..
Old 06-12-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  

I'm having a really productive day. Had 2 run to walmart. Decided 2 treat myself to a ice shaver. I've alwys loved slush puppies. Lemonade ones r my favorite. I'm sure the grandkids will be loving them too. No danger of frzen mixed drinks......I was a beer drinker all the way! And who would want a beer slushie? Yuck.
Hope evry1 in class is holding on. We can all do this. We have the abitlity. Stay strong evry1.
2mrrw will be extra dfflct 4 me. I'm preparing myself for it. Its my brother in laws memorial service. We are not able to attend, and his remains have already been cremated. We live out of state and can't attend for various reasons. He will be in our hearts and minds tho.
The way he died so suddenly was just awful. He was hit by a suv and died on the scene. Very tragic and unexpected.
His sudden death has made me take a good, long hard look at my own life. And how I want to appreciate and cherish every moment I have left. Sometimes, good things come out of tragedies.
Wishing evry1 a great sober day. Take care .
Old 06-12-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Hi-checking on on day 6 for me. I have no cravings today. I'm becoming convinced that alcohol is poison and I'm onto a new life without it.

I firmly believe we can convince ourselves of anything, and after reading a couple different books about addiction, I think this is without a doubt doable.

Not saying that I don't expect cravings to pop up of course they will, but I'm going to hammer them down with the logic of why would I pour poison down my throat?

Also, and I mean this in the best way, reading about all the shame and remorse people have after a slip, and God knows I've been there many many times in the past, keeps that feeling fresh for me. I don't EVER want to go back there.

We all have so much potential to have such great lives. Alcohol is just a nasty liar that keeps us believing that we need it. We don't.

I hope everyone continues on this sober path, we are all worth it!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I joined the group on Monday, June 10 after suffering from guilt and a hangover (that lasted most of the day). Tuesday went by fairly well but I did find myself thinking about opening a bottle of wine. I didn't. It got a bit tough when I learned our "temporary roommate" was gone permanently - I wanted to celebrate that .. but I didn't. I am expecting really good news later today - a big contract - which usually follows with a super nice meal and vino - .........So, today is technically day 3. I hope that I can visit here tomorrow and truthfully claim day 4. Thanks for being here.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

Originally Posted by BlueSkiesAB View Post
. I hope that I can visit here tomorrow and truthfully claim day 4. Thanks for being here.
You can.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 512 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...13-pt-2-a.html

D