Notices

Just gone back to work

Old 05-31-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just gone back to work

I've spent maybe the last 20 years losing jobs and feeling bad between drinks. I've started to change it but it's a slow process. Getting there. Studying for a degree, couldn't have done that before, and started part time work.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes and no. As I said slow. I'm one of those annoying people that hasn't stopped entirely, but enough to make reasonable decisions. Still thinking it would be easier and better to just say no. But that is hard. Then again managment is unpredictable.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi rbaggaley - welcome to SR.

I hadn't quit when I first joined here, either. I drank for many years, & in the end it was daily. What had once been fun was turning my life into a nightmare. When I drank, unpredictable things always happened - & willpower never helped me to just have 'one or two'. I had to admit that stopping all together was the only safe option for me. Otherwise, I'd be risking everything.

I think it's great that you're studying for a degree. I agree - to quit all together is probably the best choice for you. I'm glad you found us - and hope that being here will help you decide what to do. We're glad you're here.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I tried to moderate my drinking and always failed miserably. It's easier for me to just not drink at all than to try to control it.

Glad you joined the family!