Notices

4th Day Sober

Old 05-31-2013, 01:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4th Day Sober

Hey everyone

So this is my 4th day sober, and I found it a bit of an eye opener to think that this is the longest I have ever gone without having a drink for years now; I actually can't remember the last time I was sober for this long.

Got to start somewhere, right?!

It's been hard, I'm not going to lie. I feel sick a lot, sometimes I can keep food down, other times It's coming back up 20 minutes later. I also feel a bit dazed and...I dunno, weird? Sometimes? I think that might just be my body getting used to being sober, and not either drunk or stinking hungover.

As you might have recalled if you read my previous post, I've been worried I've damaged my liver (again) from my drinking, and that was the last straw for me in terms of making myself quit! Well I actually have a Doctors appointment in two hours with some blood test results (liver function test) so I will keep you all updated!

I think this weekend is going to be a major test for me. I have a holiday weekend planned at a hotel with a ton of mates from all over the UK, and It's going to be really hard for me to control my drinking (i.e. not drink at all!) when they all are. So wish me luck! I'll need it!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the support from everyone on here so far! I know I've not been here long but the responses have been amazing already! <3
Old 05-31-2013, 01:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello,

The opportunity for "Choices" is ever abundant. We're glad that you are here :-)

Love,

CS
Old 05-31-2013, 02:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best of luck with your Dr.
That weekend does sound rough recovery wise- have you considered not going?

D
Old 05-31-2013, 02:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!

And I can't not go, I've already payed for my time there in advance, so would be a waste of money if I don't, plus some of my friends that are going I've not seen in over a year! So really want to catch up with them.

I'll just try sticking on the Pepsi for the weekend
Old 05-31-2013, 02:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations with doing something positive for your body and mental health. For me, with many years sober I wouldn't consider your week end plan. To me it's like Russian roulette with 5 out of 6 chambers loaded. JMHO. BE WELL