Notices

Thinking Im out of place

Old 05-30-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hello Mizz ,
You're one of my favorite posters , Your comunication is clear , great even .
"Everybody knows me in this town" comes a close second behind "don't you know who i am" in the lines used by the over inflated ego .

I'd recomend watching a funny movie , i like ones from the 1930's as they are kinda innocent and fun . Lauging always puts me in a better mood and makes me feel at peace with the world .

Your doing great , keep on making the next right decision ,

Bestwishes, M
Old 05-31-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning SR,
After a nights sleep, I awake to a slight depressed mode. I need to be to work here in a hour. I gotta motivate. Hopefully, I have gone through all the negativity for the week. I am embarrassed by that womans events in the parking lot yesterday. I did not want to go there anyways. I think my intuition about situations needs to be listened to a little closer. Thank you everyone for your support. I am sober and still moving forward.
My husband believes that I need to become stronger so that when people are harsh it does not affect me to the core. I think there is something about alcoholics and sensitivity. Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm still sensitive - but I have a core belief in myself now...it's not foolproof, but it's much harder for others to try and muddy my waters these days.

It takes a while, but if I can develop an inner confidence anyone can, Miz

D
Old 05-31-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You're always welcome here, and never out of place.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wow Miz I feel exactly the way you do sometimes. I had this crazy lady like you did that would harass me. I almost had to get a restraining order. Like DEE said it her stuff, not yours. Crazy people have a way of trying to find nice people to prey on. That sounds crazy, but I had to accept that
Old 05-31-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Mizz. I hope you're feeling a bit better. I'm glad you posted about your feelings.

I've always been filled with anxiety and self-consciousness. It really held me back when I was younger. When I drank, it seemed to help for awhile - but in the end it just made matters worse. The longer I'm sober, the stronger I'm becoming. The problem is almost gone now - I don't question myself all the time, the way I once did. I hope you'll feel better as you continue to heal. Sending love.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Hi Mizz. I hope you're feeling a bit better. I'm glad you posted about your feelings.

I've always been filled with anxiety and self-consciousness. It really held me back when I was younger. When I drank, it seemed to help for awhile - but in the end it just made matters worse. The longer I'm sober, the stronger I'm becoming. The problem is almost gone now - I don't question myself all the time, the way I once did. I hope you'll feel better as you continue to heal. Sending love.
I am realizing that my anxiety was a huge reason for my drinking. I know that there has been many times where the stress of my life sent me into a anxious mode that I could not find relief from. This is where the Wine helped me to "calm" myself, but really it just caused more damage in my sober moments. A few years ago, my anxiety was crippling. Week after week, I talked with a professional about my mental health. I can see now, years later, that I am moving into a better state, even when I am running into the anxiety crazy world. It is no surprise that I struggle in that area. It has taken me 18 years to recover from a unstable early life. The things that we cant control, yet we are affected to the core of our beings. I am feeling better today. This is a sign to me. I am learning how to reach out for help when things upstairs are not making sense. Removing the alcohol means that the real work has begun. I am very thankful to be a part of a community where i am allowed the freedom to be myself even when my head is askew.....