Notices

need opiate help and advice

Old 05-30-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need opiate help and advice

im new here ive been taking loritabs for about 3 years now i have lupus and just found out i have lung cancer i lost my medical insurance so now im on my own and been having to buy pain pills on the street my usual dose was about 80mg a day ive slowly weened myself down to only 20mg a day and been there for about 2 months now but now i cant find any pain pills and im on day number 2 without any and going threw withdrawls i cant sleep having hot and cold flashes vomiting diahrea extreme fatigue and suicidal thoughts i no im a junkie ive sold almost everything i own just to buy pills and have been a frequent flyer at the er just to get more pain pills ive decided to give em up but with all these wd symptoms plus the pills is all i can think about i no it aint gonna be easy and ill probablly relapse i guess im just looking for some advice since ive only been on these pills for 3 years and my body is used to only 20mgs a day whats an average timespan for somebody like me to get my body back to normal amd stop thinking about and craving these damn pills like i do if i stay clean
Old 05-30-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It would be a good idea to talk to your dr, if you can. We can't give any kind of medical advice here.

I'm glad you're working on getting off the drugs.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i no longer have a dr anna since i lost my insurance im not looking for medical advice just a average timespan for somebody like me from other people that have also been threw this
Old 05-30-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've been dealing with opiates for about 6 years. I recently relapsed after several months clean. Usually I would say an average of 5 days. I know it's hard when you don't have insurance (neither do I) and can't wean down properly with a doctor's help :-/. Try to keep your head up. It really doesn't last forever :-) Good luck!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks kdodom 5 days sounds great ive done called everyone i no trying to get more without any luck so looks like tommorrow will be day 3 for me i feel like id do anything for just 2 pills even sell my soul i want my life back but this is a living hell
Old 05-30-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

i want my life back but this is a living hell

If you want a better life you're going to have to go thru this hell to get to the better side. Be strong and you can beat this.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

easier said than done especially when u lack the will power and in almost constant pain due to a illness that the pain pills were prescribed to treat in the first place
Old 05-30-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by hardcore7875 View Post
easier said than done especially when u lack the will power and in almost constant pain due to a illness that the pain pills were prescribed to treat in the first place
Have you tried NA or any other local support groups? They are free and can help if you don't have the willpower to do it on your own.

You could also look to see if your area has any free or sliding-fee addiction/rehab clinics.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It is true that it is easier said than done. We have all gone through a detox in one way or another, so I am sure that we understand the difficulties that you are facing. The discomfort will be there, it was for me, and I was able to get to the other side.
What about NA? Take it moment by moment. You can get through this.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks kdodom 5 days sounds great ive done called everyone i no trying to get more without any luck so looks like tommorrow will be day 3 for me i feel like id do anything for just 2 pills even sell my soul i want my life back but this is a living hell
hardcore, it is only 3 more days. Stick it out,take showers, keep a dry towel by your bed so that if it gets soaked with sweat you can just lay it under you and hopefully go back to sleep. Drink lots of fluids and pretend you just have a bad flu.

This won't kill you like alcohol or benzo detox.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

BTW, I have constant pain and just live with it. The opiates fail you eventually anyway.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

no free clinics here and its a small town i dont think we even have na here
Old 05-30-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

no free clinics here and its a small town i dont think we even have na here
You'd be surprised, AA and NA are just about everywhere as alcohol and drugs are too. But you'll never know if you don't ask or at least try to find out what's out there. Here's the search page to find your closest local meeting. Even if there's not a local one call the closest one and see if they know of anything else you might try locally

http://www.na.org/?ID=phoneline
Old 05-30-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Hardcore

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - and more all the time.

if there's one in your local area - even if it;s not exactly in your town - you might get some medical advice there?

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics
The 10377 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
there's also 211 which might be able to pout you in touch with local resources.

2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

thanks scott well i did the research and we dont have na where i live the closest place to me is a hour drive away and only meets once a month which was 2 days ago aint that ironic and the closest clinic is in nashville tn which is 2 hours away and it aint even free 2500 bucks down cash to get in so both those avenues are not gonna be any good for me i did run across a 7.5 i had stashed and forgot about and yes i took it so i feel much better now but i no im rite back to square one again maybe if i just had somebody to talk to thats been threw this or was able to get into a drug treatment program then i could do it thats just not a option for me i can buy subs on the street and they work like a charm for me i dont even think about a pill wheni have those but at 25 bucks a pop who can afford that everyday i obly eat 12 bucks worth of the tabs a day i really just dont see a light at the end of the tunnel for me and i no that even tho im feeling ook rite now come tommorrow this all starts over again somethinfor me to look forward to
Old 05-31-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Opiate detox is a feeling that can never be adequately described. I've been through it several times and it only gets harder, so as hard as it seems now, if you can hang in there you'll be so glad you did!!! As far as Suboxone and Methadone go, the withdrawals from that are way worse! My husband xeroxed off 20mg a day of methadone and was in HELL for 2 sold months. My opinion OS if you plan to get on one of the two, either plan on it being very short term or the rest of your life. I hope that isn't considered giving medical advice, I just don't want to see anybody go into that blindly as I did. Good luck...you got this!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Scuse my typos. Dumb auto correct.