Notices

Day 5 again and so stressed

Old 05-30-2013, 01:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 again and so stressed

I am back again and this time I am going to beat this. I have not struggled to stay sober over the past 5 days as I binge drink so often have between 4 to 6 days off. Last week was bad really bad for me though. I started drinking on the Friday and had 1.5 bottles of wine and half bottle of vodka. Then Monday had 2 bottles of wine, then Thursday 2.5 bottles and Saturday had 2.5 bottles of wine and half a bottle of vodka. Not totally sure what kicked this off but I think the fact I hate my job had a small part to play.

At the beginning of the month I had a similar binge which resulted in my having panic attacks one after another and being signed off work for two weeks. During the time I ran ate healthy and stayed sober for 9 days. I then had half a bottle of low Alcohol wine and started my cycle again.

The difference is that this time on day 5 I'm angry. I don't feel better i feel stressed and anxious. I have no tolerance and am a night mare to be around. Why please someone help my family will leave me I'm sure if I carry on being so awful. I'm not craving a drink I'm sure that will come Friday. I'm just awful.

I am going to run today cos I know that will help :-/ x

Hope someone can help x
Old 05-30-2013, 02:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Daisy.

Do you have any ideas on a plan for this weekend - things you could do to stay sober?

D
Old 05-30-2013, 02:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Dee, I plan on running and the gym Friday night, then bath and an early night. My husband will be with me for support. Saturday no idea, i have found in the past that the cravings get worse everyday. So Friday I manage and then sT there stronger and so on? To be honest I haven't made past 2 days of cravings xx
Old 05-30-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi and hang in there. These forums can be a great help for some of us while other ways might be also appropriate. Had you considered a de tox for about a week or so? AA is a person to person self help organization that has worked for millions worldwide. I tried the do-it-yourself and failed miserably till I got to AA years before the internet was a name.
BE WELL