Notices

To the SR community

Old 05-29-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To the SR community

Good morning,
I was reviewing some of the threads because, that is what I do in the mornings. This is my recovery tool for my life right now. I come here for support, and to give support. I see that some responses are counterproductive to the fact that we are in a recovery community. I guess, it would be beneficial if we as a community supported and embraced one another without harsh words, and judgement. We have all done some things in our life that we are not proud of. It would be helpful if we refrained from arguing, and posting unwanted negative words that only hinder a person. If I learned one thing at all from my parent it was, "If you dont have something nice to say, dont say it at all!"
I have opened up myself to getting backlash for this post. I am prepared for that. I need your support and acceptance. I wish everyone of us success on this recovery road. God bless everyone of you!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

No disagreement from me, hopefully you weren't the recipient of any said harsh words.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Agree completely. I am really put off by the negative posts. They serve no useful purpose. Thanks for speaking up, Mizzuno.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Agreed ,
Old 05-29-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

It is easy to focus on the negative.

Overwhelmingly, SR is a supportive forum. Like in the realm of hundreds and hundreds of positive posts for every negative one. Let's not forget that. Yes, there are posts that are negative. They are bumps in the road; we can't let them derail us.

There are also threads posted whose purpose seems to be to rile up the SR community. Those also are the minority.

Hey, we are just people here, good, bad, and not always thinking before we hit the send button. Thanks for reminding us.

Thanks to the Mods who do a great job trying to wrangle this herd of cats we call SR.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This community will not work if people are judgmental...
Old 05-29-2013, 09:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

If anyone has negative posts to complain about, PLEASE contact me or Dee to deal with it.

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post

Overwhelmingly, SR is a supportive forum. Like in the realm of hundreds and hundreds of positive posts for every negative one. Let's not forget that. Yes, there are posts that are negative. They are bumps in the road; we can't let them derail us.

There are also threads posted whose purpose seems to be to rile up the SR community. Those also are the minority.

Hey, we are just people here, good, bad, and not always thinking before we hit the send button. Thanks for reminding us.

Thanks to the Mods who do a great job trying to wrangle this herd of cats we call SR.
Yes Carl! I like this. I thought about all of this before posting earlier. I like that we are supportive, and remain positive. Lets keep up the good work. I feel safe here, and want to continue feeling that way...Seeing that I am safe. Thank you to everyone who is contributing their support!
Thank you mods for the moderating!
Old 05-29-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If I see a negative, counterproductive, or obnoxious post I -
1.) Click the REPORT POST icon and report the post
and then
2.) Forget about it.

Like I said, I just want to be pure...
Old 05-29-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Smile

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post

Carl

SR has been a good place for me to learn what to do and what not to do. The mod's have been very helpful in with pointing me in the correct direction. As have many other SR members.

And who knows why people post the 'negative' and disruptive here. Maybe such a person is in emotional distress or may have an mental illness/disorder or are just emotional immature. I sometimes feel that those that post the 'negative' are hurting in some way. All the same, It is my responsibility to be a helpful member at SR. Reporting rule (report post button ) infractions to the mods helps SR continue to be a great recovery forum.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you Mizzuno.