Notices

checking in on my day off

Old 05-28-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

checking in on my day off

Back started to act up this AM so came home, jammed tunes & crahed. Still sober :-) Once meds kick in will post more.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better
Old 05-28-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, August. Glad to see you posting. I've been wondering where you've been)

Hope your back will be better soon.

Great that you keep up good sobriety job.

Take care.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hope you're feeling better and it's wonderful to hear that you're keeping on track. It helps me keep on track as well. Hanging in there so to speak

Life always seems to be throwing one thing or another at us but we've got to keep moving. But as they say ... can't go back and you can't stand still if the thunder don't get you then the lightning will :bounce
Old 05-28-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, August. Glad to see you posting. I've been wondering where you've been)

Hope your back will be better soon.

Great that you keep up good sobriety job.

Take care.
Actually the back is already feeling a little better; My Doc and I recently "tweaked" my meds and it seems to be helping So that is a plus .. I am trying to post at least once a day to make sure You and all who are curious know where I am at and what I am up to .. Just working nights it makes it hard to get off at 7am after taking my meds and focus on typing a coherent message :p But yea still sober and Plan to stay that way .. I have actually started taking side jobs working on PC's since that what I use to do before I moved and every one up here wanted a degree .. Since I am self taught that is not possible as of yet .... The only thing I am nervous about staying sober is next week I go to visit my family and old friends .. Family is not the problem as much as my Boys are :p lol every visit since I moved has been the same thing; They pick me up we go get wings and beers and jam concerts .. But I feel goodand I know they will back me .. Just have to remember 1 beer will lead to 6 and 6 to 15 and so on so Just need to stay away from that first one ...
Old 05-28-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by Bruce292 View Post
Hope you're feeling better and it's wonderful to hear that you're keeping on track. It helps me keep on track as well. Hanging in there so to speak

Life always seems to be throwing one thing or another at us but we've got to keep moving. But as they say ... can't go back and you can't stand still if the thunder don't get you then the lightning will :bounce
The Wheel; ain't that the truth .. Have to ask Bruce; you a fan or you a full on Head ?? lol Just curious not that it makes a difference; but this is the 2nd time someones quoted My Boys to me so curious is all ...
Old 05-28-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
at 7am after taking my meds and focus on typing a coherent message :p

.. Just have to remember 1 beer will lead to 6 and 6 to 15 and so on so Just need to stay away from that first one ...
Oh, feel free to type an incoherent message)))

Yes, just one never works for us. Good that your Boys will back you up. But, it won't hurt to have a back-up plan of yours as well - just in case)

Have a good day.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yea I got a few .. All my relatives are down around there so I know I could call any of them anytime
Old 05-28-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
The Wheel; ain't that the truth .. Have to ask Bruce; you a fan or you a full on Head ?? lol Just curious not that it makes a difference; but this is the 2nd time someones quoted My Boys to me so curious is all ...
I saw shows from 76-85. Fan?, Head? ... I don't know. I never really got into the culture but I've always loved their music and I'm still a habitual collector. Every once in a while I catch a "remainders" show.

You mentioned going to Jam Bands in the near future. I still go to shows where there is a lot drinking etc. It can be a challenge but so far so good. I've just told my friends that I'm no longer imbibing and they've been very supportive.