Notices

craving beaten into submission with sugar

Old 05-26-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

craving beaten into submission with sugar

I just sat here wrestling with myself for a good half hour over the CASE of one of my favorite beers that our out of town guests trucked in with them this afternoon (along with about nine bottles of wine.) I really was very close to cracking one, to the point of opening the fridge and peering in at the bottles all neatly lined up. I was going to sneak it, too, slug it in the bathroom and hide the empty. Just one, of course. Naturally. Ughhh.

I just poured myself a fruit spritzer instead and am nursing that. With the cold glass in my hand and the carbonated beverage and immediate sugar hit, I could immediately feel some parts of my screaming addicted neural pathways calm down, if not necessarily all of them...but it's a big improvement. Not that sugar is super awesome or anything, but non-fermented sugar is at least preferable to the alternative.

Man. I didn't think this was going to be a minute-by-minute kind of week with them in town, but never underestimate this beast.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes it's like that...but you can do this Gwenny

D
Old 05-26-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Qwenny, that your frig, right? Make them get an ice chest for thier beer and tell them to keep it outta site.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's my parents' fridge, unfortunately, and I only have so much say. I haven't "come out" to my parents fully, just told them I want to take a break for a while for health reasons. Plus my parents are both pretty full-fledged drunks, so they don't mind at all.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Huh?

You ROCK!!!