SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   struggling (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/295883-struggling.html)

SamerrasMama 05-26-2013 03:34 PM

struggling

I'm on my way home from my parents house finally. I don't have to work tomorrow so my addiction is screaming at me to buy a bottle on the way home. That I'll just regret it and be bored if I don't. I'm tired of beating myself up. I don't want to feel anxious and guilty tomorrow. It'll just lead me to drinking again by tomorrow afternoon. Why is this so hard?!

PeppyGirl 05-26-2013 03:36 PM

Do not buy the bottle! We all know where that is headed. Can you find something else to keep you occupied instead? A project? AA meeting? Movie? Going for a walk?

Hang in there...this feeling will pass. You don't want to wake up tomorrow hating yourself.

PG

24hrsAday 05-26-2013 03:40 PM

in the Beginning it is hard. Everything is Different.. after a while though it goes away and it gets a LOT more Easy!

SamerrasMama 05-26-2013 03:47 PM

Thank you guys! You're awesome. I'm not gonna do it. My decision is made, so no more internal conflict. I dream of the day I don't constantly feel like my evenings and weekends have to include alcohol!

least 05-26-2013 04:10 PM

Stick to your goal. You won't regret it.:)

soberclover 05-26-2013 05:24 PM

That day will come. Weekends and evenings become much easier the more you get through sober :)

Dee74 05-26-2013 05:28 PM

glad you made a good decision SM :)

D

amberbris 05-26-2013 05:32 PM

Think of the money youll save

SamerrasMama 05-26-2013 05:53 PM

Thank the Lord, I made it home without stopping for alcohol! And ya know what? I'm not bored! And I certainly don't regret my decision! I am really looking forward to a peaceful night sleep- no 3 AM anxiety attack. And tomorrow morning? Well that will be an awesome start to my day off. I won't spend the day hating myself. I think every time I decide NOT to buy alcohol, I will put the money I would have blown into my baby girl's savings account. I think that is a much better way to spend it!

Bruce292 05-26-2013 06:09 PM

That's great! I'm glad you made it home without picking up a bottle. I also got those early morning anxiety attacks. Those were horrid.

You'll wake up tomorrow with no hangover which IHMO is one of the best feelings in the world.

Hang in there. Don't give up!

trikyriky 05-26-2013 06:41 PM

Awsome , You Are Going To Have A Feeling Of Accomplishment Tomorrow Morning , Instead Of Regret. A Big Step In My Book.

24hrsAday 05-27-2013 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by SamerrasMama (Post 3985409)
Thank the Lord, I made it home without stopping for alcohol! And ya know what? I'm not bored! And I certainly don't regret my decision! I am really looking forward to a peaceful night sleep- no 3 AM anxiety attack. And tomorrow morning? Well that will be an awesome start to my day off. I won't spend the day hating myself. I think every time I decide NOT to buy alcohol, I will put the money I would have blown into my baby girl's savings account. I think that is a much better way to spend it!

:You_Rock_ you won't regret it..