Notices

To contact in laws

Old 05-26-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To contact in laws

My ex husband is an alcoholic and drug addict. Been together 8 yrs. We just split about 3 weeks ago and when he moved i gave him all his things - i was not mean about it. But now he is saying false things about me to my ex inlaws who live overseas. For example saying i left him with nothing.i left him on the street penny less. Which is all untrue. He just lost his job two weeks after our spilt due to his addiction. Nothing to do with me. He is making false statements in order for his parents to send him money. His parents are divorced so they dont communicate on what he is asking from them both. My question is (i care about my in laws and they have no idea about what has happend here) should i send them an email explaining that he is an addict? So they will not get scammed and can make a sound judgement on how to proceed?
Old 05-26-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ash
welcome to SR

I think that's a very individual decision - personally I'd have to examine my motives on something like this with someone who is, after all, an ex and his family.

Others will have input and ideas I'm sure.
I know you'll find support here.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It could depend on your relationship with your former inlaws. Were you very close? I don't know if I'd tell them of his addiction, but I would explain that you did not leave him on the street with nothing.