Notices

Light at the end of the tunnel?

Old 05-26-2013, 12:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Light at the end of the tunnel?

I can sort of see it. For me, God is the only one who can bring me through. I have tried myself my whole life and failed.

I'm 12 days clean and this is THE first time that I have not had a major addiction. Since I was 14 or 15 I have either been on drugs, alcohol or been bulimic. Now, for the first time I am abstaining from acting out on my eating disorder and I am clean.

I'm freaking. My feet are red raw from picking them, my thumbs are looking the same. I want recovery. I've never had recovery. I feel
Overwhelmed. The physical withdrawal are still taking alot of my attention but when they go I'm going to be left wondering how the heck I got to be 35 years of age and he such a mess.

There must be a way to do this. People love drug free everyday.

Sorry for the vent. Who Feels the same?
Old 05-26-2013, 12:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I certainly felt the same at first MLC. Just know that it will get better.

Congratulations on your success thus far, and be grateful you are seeing the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel and not the real one.

Keep it going!
Old 05-26-2013, 12:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CharlieNoogan View Post
I certainly felt the same at first MLC. Just know that it will get better.

Congratulations on your success thus far, and be grateful you are seeing the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel and not the real one.

Keep it going!
Lol very true re. the light!

Thanks
Old 05-26-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Midlifecrisis,

Congratulations on your 12 days.
I also love the way you say God is the way for you. I can relate to that. I feel we make things too difficult. Trying to follow all different ways and rules through sobriety. Sometimes you just have to say, 'God, here I am, I've got no idea. What should I do?'

The only other advice I can give is that your 12 days in, so you are doing something right. If you are not sure as to what program to follow, just stick with the one that your led to. You don't want to confuse yourself.That is something I am focusing on, too. The good thing about prayer, too is that there is no real way to do it. It goes beyond language. Sometimes just listening is wonderful. The answers will come.

Don't be afraid to fall back into the arms of God.

Stay well,
Washi
Old 05-26-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

God has helped a lot of people Midlifechrisis , i often think i see the most evidence for him in the hearts of my fellow alcoholics

Congratulations on the 12 days , M
Old 05-26-2013, 02:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I felt the same for a long time - like somehow the wrong person got picked to be sober and have all the good things people were promising me.

You'll fit into it eventually MLC

D
Old 05-26-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I woke up to a beautiful sunny day feeling the same MLC, early days for me, but despite feeling jittery and physically exhausted I feel ready to stop trying to do things my way, im stubborn and hate admitting im in the wrong but ive slipped so many times now I feel ready to just go with WHATEVER it takes to get sober, hope this feeling continues, and well done on the 12 days!
Old 05-26-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You know, I can already see a different MLC to the MLC that came here before rehab.

Your posts are so different.
You sound more humble, you are more rational, you are more grateful. You are just completely different for all the right reasons.

I like you so much more!

I hope you like me more too!

Go back, read some of your posts and maybe you will see what amazing progress you have made since you came here. You are doing an incredible job!

I am very happy for you.

My best to you
x
Old 05-26-2013, 04:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Washi View Post
Hey Midlifecrisis,

Congratulations on your 12 days.
I also love the way you say God is the way for you. I can relate to that. I feel we make things too difficult. Trying to follow all different ways and rules through sobriety. Sometimes you just have to say, 'God, here I am, I've got no idea. What should I do?'

The only other advice I can give is that your 12 days in, so you are doing something right. If you are not sure as to what program to follow, just stick with the one that your led to. You don't want to confuse yourself.That is something I am focusing on, too. The good thing about prayer, too is that there is no real way to do it. It goes beyond language. Sometimes just listening is wonderful. The answers will come.

Don't be afraid to fall back into the arms of God.

Stay well,
Washi
Thanks very much. I like Na but we haven't got meetings where I am. At the moment I have a drug and alcohol counsellor and Im just fumbling my way through.

Fall back into the Arms of God. I like that. I need to trust more.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
God has helped a lot of people Midlifechrisis , i often think i see the most evidence for him in the hearts of my fellow alcoholics

Congratulations on the 12 days , M
I agree. I see God shining through so many clean and sober addicts and alcoholics.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I felt the same for a long time - like somehow the wrong person got picked to be sober and have all the good things people were promising me.

You'll fit into it eventually MLC

D
Thanks Dee. Just need to keep moving forward I guess.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
I woke up to a beautiful sunny day feeling the same MLC, early days for me, but despite feeling jittery and physically exhausted I feel ready to stop trying to do things my way, im stubborn and hate admitting im in the wrong but ive slipped so many times now I feel ready to just go with WHATEVER it takes to get sober, hope this feeling continues, and well done on the 12 days!
Thanks. Best of luck to you and well done on getting into recovery. Stay strong
Old 05-26-2013, 04:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha4 View Post
You know, I can already see a different MLC to the MLC that came here before rehab.

Your posts are so different.
You sound more humble, you are more rational, you are more grateful. You are just completely different for all the right reasons.

I like you so much more!

I hope you like me more too!

Go back, read some of your posts and maybe you will see what amazing progress you have made since you came here. You are doing an incredible job!

I am very happy for you.

My best to you
x
Thanks *blushes*. What a lovely post. I like everyone more now ha.

I did go and read some old posts. Completely spun me out. I thought i was pulling off this whole using thing pretty well this time hahah. I don't even remember making half those posts. I had to stop reading after a bit. Really not good.

Thanks heaps.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

Iam sitting in church right now and I was drawn too logging on to sober recovery, yes god can and will save you. I had to go through the 12 steps in order to get out of my own way it took a great deal of humility and ego deflation in order to do it, I avoided it for years. God loves you and has a plan for you just let him in!! God bless
Old 05-26-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks lionhearted. Enjoy church. Ours was very confronting this morning!

I am thinking I should work the steps again. I don't have meetings or a sponsor though.