Notices

alcohol withdraw symptoms

Old 05-24-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

alcohol withdraw symptoms

Hi everyone

So I am here at work, had about 19 beers last night and I am constantly yawning, sweating and just having uncontrolable leg movements, a burning feeling in my sternum and jitteriness.

I read another thread about some guy having a withdraw seizure. For those who have had a seizure from withdraw what are the early signs of possibly having one? What does it feel like?
Old 05-24-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have never had one but have witnessed 2. I believe you are ok but you be the judge of your own body. I know personally for myself extreme sleepiness, sweating one minute and cold the next, involuntary body movements and jitters, aching body pain and nausea, not able to comprehend/think/understand whats going on, are my common withdraw symptoms. I haven't had a drink in 6 days and I still have the symptoms. They are not as bad but they are there for sure. I am sure someone with better experience will chime in but I have often wondered this about myself and I just wanted to share our common symptoms and the fact that I never had a seizure but if you feel medical attention is needed please get it.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have had one; but to be honest I couldn't tell you how I felt as I was rather out of it .. If your that worried I would ask for the rest of the day off and get to the hospital .. Also take in a lot of Water as well as Vitamin B.. B6 B12 things llike that .. good luck & keep us updated .
Old 05-24-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'd recommend you get to a hospital ASAP.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies so far.

shoot I hate this. My forhead feels heavy and my ear went briefly deaf and started ringing. I go to lunch in 30 minutes, hope to have a cig. GOd I hate doing this to myself.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

The thing is there often are no warning signs.
It sounds to me like the safe thing for you is to see a Dr, Nevar

what have you got to lose?

D
Old 05-24-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Nineteen beers is a lot. See a doctor.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I also agree w seeking medical attention. Better to be safe & a dr can help ease the withdrawal
Old 05-24-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, please talk to a dr.

Withdrawal symptoms are often unpredictable.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have had a seizure - 3 of them, in fact. I would drink really heavily every night at home, and then go to work in the morning. By 10am I'd be shaking like a leaf and feeling this weird "buzz" in my head that felt as if someone had stuck cotton in my ears. Night sweats were terrible during withdrawl - that did not happen often as most of the time I was drunk. The seizures all hit without warning - I felt like crap before they happened but I felt like crap pretty much all the time. I would see a doctor if you're feeling uncomfortable, shaky, or worried at all - withdrawl is nothing to play around with.

The seizures, withdrawls, and anxiety ALL went away after I quit drinking. I no longer live in that world and I no longer go through that pain. Please, stop. Make a plan. Your life is worth it.