Notices

12 days and I feel great!

Old 05-21-2013, 12:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

12 days and I feel great!

12 days ago today I had my last drink. It has been a long time since I have felt this good and clear headed!

I have not had one single urge to drink. Actually the thought of drinking and having a "buzz" turns me off right now. I have so reached the point of being tired of the drunk life!

I have quit many times before. Usually for a month or two. Once for 6 months but I never felt about it the way I do now. In the past I tried using AVRT (I think thats right). Tried AA once.
But this time I am not using anything except the fact that I am truly tired of the drunk/Party lifestyle. I already have ran off most of my friends because of my drunken behavior so I don't really have to worry about missing them. lol

There are only a handful of people left that I will have to be around that drink and when that time comes I will be ready.

I haven't been this happy and positive about the future in a long, long time!

If I ever do get an urge to drink I will read Allen Carr's book again. It taught me a lot the last time I read it.

I just wanted to share my joy of finally quitting the beast alcohol!

P. S. I really like this board and hope I can help others quit the beast and find freedom from a wasted life.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful

Congrats DRM. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll keep getting what you're getting.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I forgot to mention that one thing I did is made a list of all the stupid things I did while drunk in the last couple of years. Anytime I forget why I quit I can look at that list for a reminder.

I can also look at the knot on my hand from where I broke it one drunken night. That reminder will be there forever!
Old 05-21-2013, 01:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
now's the time

Congratulations!!
Old 05-21-2013, 01:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Congrats on 12 days, DirtyRiverMan!

Keep up great job!

You know in my early recovery I used as a reminder a pic I took just in the morning when I had a crippling hangover and look like hell frozen)

Best wishes to you and keep posting)
Old 05-21-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome for you! I really enjoy your posts and the encouragement you give to others...so glad you joined us here

I am reading Allen Carr's book now and, wow, it will most certainly give you pause to think and, moreover, show you what you're really doing to yourself/your mind when drinking. Pretty amazing book that probably everyone should read.

Anyway, so glad you're on Day 12 and can't wait to hear about the many more days you are sure to accumulate on your path to sobriety!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ptcapote View Post
Awesome for you! I really enjoy your posts and the encouragement you give to others...so glad you joined us here

I am reading Allen Carr's book now and, wow, it will most certainly give you pause to think and, moreover, show you what you're really doing to yourself/your mind when drinking. Pretty amazing book that probably everyone should read.

Anyway, so glad you're on Day 12 and can't wait to hear about the many more days you are sure to accumulate on your path to sobriety!
Thank you!

So glad your reading Carr's book. I agree, everyone should read it. He has a way of making you see alcohol for what it really is. Poison.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 12 days DRM

D
Old 05-21-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DirtyRiverMan View Post
I forgot to mention that one thing I did is made a list of all the stupid things I did while drunk in the last couple of years. Anytime I forget why I quit I can look at that list for a reminder.

I can also look at the knot on my hand from where I broke it one drunken night. That reminder will be there forever!
I have a list like that too - ironically I think one of the reasons I drank was to try to forget the embarrassment from the stupid things I did while drunk.

I also have a permanent reminder in the scars on my arm from falling through a window after drinking a full bottle of scotch. That was 25 years ago, you'd think I'd learn wouldn't you ?

I'm 15 days today and am very much like you DRM - I am completely over the drinking thing, and want to live a life as a non-drinker, it's so much better. Allen Carrs book helped me too.

Keep up the good work!
Old 05-21-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I can't believe it's 12 days already! That's wonderful news. It's great to see how optimistic and positive you are - I'm sure many people will be inspired!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ive got a fairly fresh reminder as to why i cant drink , after 2 months sober , i got wasted on a binge weekend , threw a fairly thick glass ,15 ft across the room and shattered it off my friends back ...nice i know , what a dumbasss ..Ive got Carr's book somewhere, i read a few years back when i quit for 8 months ,maybe time to find it again
good Luck DRM
Old 05-24-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This is a nice site, and I love to help folks and all but I have to tell you all something.

One of the many reasons I don't like AA is because of all the whiney people who wont pull themselves up by their boot straps and quit acting so helpless. The whole "Im powerless" trip is just an excuse to drink in my opinion. Anybody with the powerless attitude is sure to fail because they have no faith in their ability to quit. They say "I cant help it, Im an alcoholic!" How convenient!

Anyway, the more I read post on here, the more I realize I dont need any help to quit. Heck, I WANT to quit, and I have.

By coming here and reading all these negative post I feel brought down if you will. It seems about 90% of the Drunks here are on the AA trip. I just cant read about about AA because I hate it so much.

So, I am leaving. Thank you for all the kind words, and I wish everyone well. This site is just not for me. I want to forget about the drunk life, not read about it everyday.

How can you move on with your life if you keep hanging out with drunks, online or in the real world?

I am on day 15, no desire to drink at all, and am feeling better than I have in decades. The last time I quit for 6 months I did not feel like this. I was not tired enough of the booze to quit it yet. This time I am.

Anyway, I wish you all well, but I cant come here anymore and read all these depressing post. My life is good! I want to think about good things. Some of the post I read depress me too much and remind me of a life I left.

Peace, Loved and Happiness to you all!

Bye Bye.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Grateful

Good luck to you DRM!
Old 05-24-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not sure why you felt the need to toss a bomb behind you as you were leaving.

Suffice to say I see SR in a totally different way.

I think if you'd stayed around you might have found your position would have changed on quite a few things there.

hope you find the support you're looking for.

D