SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sober long weekend check in starts NOW! May 23-26 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/295549-sober-long-weekend-check-starts-now-may-23-26-a.html)

Nonsensical 05-27-2013 03:46 AM

Absolutely stupendous weather yesterday for our civic league picnic. I think I went a hot dog too far, though. Yikes!

The vines out back took a beat down at my hands yesterday morning, but they'll be back. They are a worthy foe, but ultimate victory will be mine!

I need a bigger hedge trimmer. Or maybe one of those chainsaws on a pole. At the BBQ last night my pretty little neighbor lady hinted that their pool is full of my leaves...

Time to fry some pig!

triathlynne 05-27-2013 09:37 AM

Well I had a wonderfully sober weekend. My anxiety lessened each day. I've realized how much Facebook heightens my anxiety, reading people's posts about going to the pub etc, drinking at bbq's. not really helping so I've deactivated it for now. What I can't read won't hurt me. I feel so much in limbo right now though, which is daft. Can't believe I relied on fb so much. Ridiculous really. But anyway is been an active, tiresome weekend and I always feel so good about those kind of weekends. Woohoo!!!!!!

Weasel1966 05-27-2013 10:24 AM

Going to make a warm roasted beet salad. A little goat cheese... Orange zest and thyme... Crush up some pistachios.

Yum!

FreeFall 05-27-2013 11:41 AM

Checking in to the holiday long weekend thread-it was cold and rainy for most of our weekend, but today is absolutely beautiful, warm and sunny. Triggers galore with day off, tourists arriving and friends here for the weekend,etc. My 10 month anniversary just passed, so it gave me extra strength to resist. Even though I quit in the middle of last summer and I know I can make it through, the nice weather really does make the cravings surface.

Using today to catch up on work,cleaning, and sleep Not exciting, but I want to start the week fresh and get some things done.

Hope everyone on SR has had a great sober and clean holiday weekend. Memorial Day thoughts and thanks to all that have served, and remembering those we have lost.

Weasel1966 05-27-2013 12:39 PM

The beet salad was amazing! I surprised myself.

So how did everyone do? I tend to see a lot of people start the thread but it seems to dwindle come the end.

Hope you are all doing well.

Ken

walkingwithgod 05-27-2013 03:29 PM

I didn't check in before the weekend started, but made it Sober. I took the family to see my parents in Vermont. We fished, hiked, and saw snow. Usually on Memorial Day weekend it would be a 3 day excuse to drink. Day 63 today.

ulfr 05-27-2013 03:42 PM

The weekend has been hard been wanted to drink and take drugs but i didnt
I kept busy and listen to music with my husbands help i made it through

Weasel1966 05-27-2013 04:07 PM

Good for you dark... You must want it or this would not be the case. SR if for those are doing something. You me... We are. Keep going.

K

bigsombrero 05-27-2013 04:21 PM

Terrible mountain rains here, very chilly weather, grey, drizzly days - but I got through it alcohol-free. The Worry Monster is retreating, by tomorrow night at this time I plan to have him locked up in the closet with all of the other fictional disaster situations!

soberclover 05-27-2013 04:32 PM

I stepped out of my comfort zone and took a long drive for a fabulous maple ice cream; I got tired of waiting around for the phone call that didn't come. He suprised me by being at my house when I got home; things went ok. We did some shopping and then ate dinner together. I'm really proud of myself for striking out on my own. I'm snuggled on the couch now with the pup waiting for my son to come home from a bbq. It wasn't an eventful weekend and terrible amounts of rain, but I stayed sober!