Blogs


Notices

Craving and NOT in a good mood

Old 05-22-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 49
Craving and NOT in a good mood

Hi everyone
Today is day 17 for me sober but man am I in a pissy mood tonight and all I wanna do is drink!!!! I have my first call into my sponsor tonight and I am not so sure WHAT has my feathers all ruffled. I am being a down right bitch!!! Any advice Im trying to take one minute at a time but tonight is especially hard
Thanks everyone
Angie
Angiekins3 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angiekins3 For This Useful Post:
Bubovski (05-22-2013), Pixienottipsy (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Member
 
GroundhogDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,951
Go to bed really early. Tomorrow is a new day.
GroundhogDay is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to GroundhogDay For This Useful Post:
Angiekins3 (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Member
 
Bubovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Melbourne Australia.
Posts: 3,259
Blog Entries: 1
Originally Posted by Angiekins3 View Post
Hi everyone
Today is day 17 for me sober but man am I in a pissy mood tonight and all I wanna do is drink!!!! I have my first call into my sponsor tonight and I am not so sure WHAT has my feathers all ruffled. I am being a down right bitch!!! Any advice Im trying to take one minute at a time but tonight is especially hard
Thanks everyone
Angie
Thanks Angie.
When I feel that way I use the acronym FIASU.......feel it and shut up, it helps a bit.
Bubovski is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubovski For This Useful Post:
Angiekins3 (05-22-2013), Leshar (05-22-2013), RevivingOphelia (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 10
Hi Angie, I know what ya mean! I have no sponsor and I am doing this alone. I have been sober 10 days. I have never been a heavy drinker. I've drank off and on for the past 20 years. I've never thought of myself as an alcoholic, but have often thot, I could become one if I wasn't careful. At what point do you actually "become" an alcoholic? I am so ill and so emotional right now, I don't know what to do!! For the past 6 months I have drank almost everyday until 10 days ago. I don't think I've ever felt this way b4 after stopping drinking or if I did I didn't associate it with alcohol. Or if I felt this bad, I'd just go and get something to drink! I'm at the point now that I just feel like telling everybody that I have a drinking problem and that I've used it to cope all these years............not that anyone would care, they would just judge me! I don't know why it's sooo hard this time. I have went months w/o drinking plenty of times. I guess life is just getting harder and I have numbed it with alcohol for too long.
LindaIam is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to LindaIam For This Useful Post:
ImperfectlyMe (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 49
Originally Posted by LindaIam View Post
Hi Angie, I know what ya mean! I have no sponsor and I am doing this alone. I have been sober 10 days. I have never been a heavy drinker. I've drank off and on for the past 20 years. I've never thought of myself as an alcoholic, but have often thot, I could become one if I wasn't careful. At what point do you actually "become" an alcoholic? I am so ill and so emotional right now, I don't know what to do!! For the past 6 months I have drank almost everyday until 10 days ago. I don't think I've ever felt this way b4 after stopping drinking or if I did I didn't associate it with alcohol. Or if I felt this bad, I'd just go and get something to drink! I'm at the point now that I just feel like telling everybody that I have a drinking problem and that I've used it to cope all these years............not that anyone would care, they would just judge me! I don't know why it's sooo hard this time. I have went months w/o drinking plenty of times. I guess life is just getting harder and I have numbed it with alcohol for too long.
I totally can relate! I have found that talking to others (that you can relate to and that work a program) definitely helps. Try to find a sponsor. I have found it pretty hard to (I do have a temp one right now) but keep looking. That I think is HUGE!!! Mine is having me call in every night even if its just to check in and she can hear my voice. You can tell a lot from the way someone sounds...
I totally understand...
Angie
Angiekins3 is offline  
Old 05-22-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 49
Originally Posted by Murchovski View Post
Thanks Angie.
When I feel that way I use the acronym FIASU.......feel it and shut up, it helps a bit.
hmmm your right lol
Angie
Angiekins3 is offline  
Old 05-22-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Member
 
DG0409's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,440
Blog Entries: 4
I found that 95% of the time during those early days that when I felt bad it was actually due to low blood sugar. A healthy snack and two glasses of water was a surprisingly magical cure.

In fact, I still find I get moody when I go too long without eating. I felt AWFUL a few moments ago, but a sandwich and a bottle of water has me back to new now.

There were a few days in there that I had a terrible mood for a few days straight and nothing I did seemed to help... but I waited it out and my mood has leveled out a lot.
DG0409 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DG0409 For This Useful Post:
Angiekins3 (05-23-2013), Pixienottipsy (05-22-2013), RevivingOphelia (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady
 
DisplacedGRITS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,662
Blog Entries: 3
How about getting to a meeting in addition to calling your sponsor? Get to the meeting early and stay late to talk to some fellow alcoholics. If there's a newbie there, talk to them and welcome them. Get out of your head without alcohol. We have many options. Meetings, talking to other alcoholics, reading the Big Book, posting and reading here just to name a few. This sounds silly, but do you need a snack or some water? We tend to forget that those things can effect our mood. You don't need booze, you need to shift your focus.
DisplacedGRITS is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DisplacedGRITS For This Useful Post:
Angiekins3 (05-23-2013)

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:18 PM.