Notices

Antabuse

Old 05-26-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

It varies I think, but longer than 5 days I'm afraid

It actually took me months, not weeks, but I was a long time all day everyday drinker.
Hopefully your experience is shorter

D
Old 05-27-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi Stubbs, Well it's 24days for me now. I think the first day I felt something like my old self was the middle of last week. My head felt clearer, I had more energy and much, much calmer and happier. I have been taking multivitamins, vitamin b, d and fish oil. I had just over 5 hours sleep last night as I had to get up early this morning, and normally on that little sleep I would be a mess all day. I delivered a full day of training and felt really energised and mentally alert all day. When I told my husband how great I felt about today, he smiled and said 'it's probably because of the changes you have made'. I really craved a drink tonight to 'celebrate' my day, so I felt very grateful that I was Antabuse - as having a good/bad/indifferent/stressful day would have triggered me to crack open that bottle
Old 05-27-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi Stubbs, thanks for starting this thread. I struggle to stay away from that first drink and am contemplating asking my doctor for Antabuse so that I can try and get some real time under my belt. I had 35 days and was going well but it only took one social event and I drank and have done so daily now for the last two weeks. Back to day one again for me, am so sick of this depression and self hatred.

Hi 1stepup, just wanted to let you know that Antabuse is available on prescription in the uk.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Great news suzi Q!,
I have to say antabuse has saved me a few times even in five days.I am grateful for it though.I have noticed a change in how I am viewing my sobriety versus's drinking everyday.I have a long ways to go but feel I am at least making progress.I am also taking a multivitamin figured it could t hurt.Thats great though on your 24 days!I hope I snap out of this haze and anxiety in a couple more weeks.

I even spent 9 hours remodeling house today.first time ever I have worked around here with out beer.It was a good feeling.Hang in the britgirl!You can jump right back on and move forward.Maybe talk to your doctor about it,it has helped me.I will not drink on it cause of the severity of the reaction so That is helping me quite a bit.And you can't just stop and drink the next day either cause it takes awhile to leave your system.Its not a magic pill but think it is helpful for people like me.Your guys have a great night!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Today is a bit of a struggle..keep thinking about the 4th of July coming up.i always have a party.thinking I should treat my self on that one day.I this is a ba idea though.tell me why it's a bad idea..
Old 05-28-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

It's usually easier said than done but try living in the moment stubbs. The 4th is more than a month away.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Yeah you are right paperdolls:-).I know it is awhile away.I need to just slow it down lol.Im on day 6 though!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

6 days is great!

Enjoy THIS day.
Then, the next day, just do what you did the day before.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I will do my best paperdolls.I am still trying to find my sober self I guess you could say.There are aspects of being sober I really like.At the same time I miss some of my old ways also.I hope to grow into my sober self cause I really need this for my health and for my families sake.I want to grab the world by the horns and succeed in so many ways.But when I think of what I want to succeed at my mind goes blank.Sorry if I am rambling,I have felt a bit scattered brained since getting sober.Almost thinking I have ADHD or something now lol.Well anyways I'm off to zzzz land have a good night everyone!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I understand stubbs. Been there!

I had to want to stay sober more than I wanted not to.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

9 days sober and cravings starting to get to me.thought about getting pills today bit didnt.Im feeling more anxious since I quit,I've gained weight cause I just want to eat all day and drink soda.Also starting to get depressed.I question sober living bit deep down know its for the best.