# 241 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Day 12 !!!

Cool beans !
Old 06-21-2004, 05:24 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

hey Guys/Gals

Welcome Back Deg, good to see you again. Looking forward to the story too.
((miracle)) I think we are going to have to retire that statement....

:cries2:

I miss her and it has only been a day.
Take care and have a sober 24.
Roy
Old 06-22-2004, 02:31 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Paused

Say Hey Roy

Wondering how you, the misses, and your babies have been doing. I enjoyed the story about your clan of rescues. Lucky pups they are, that you came along and scooped them up. have a swell 24.

Talia This icon always get's left out. I think I'll adopt him. His name is Fishhead Fred
Old 06-22-2004, 05:02 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

LOL Muse

Thanks for the compliment. Today has just been one of those days. Being the top of the heap in business has its perks but it also provides for some serious stress at times. I am calm now though. Had a bad morning, started out with a doctors appt and then off to work, ok not too bad...yet. I get stuck behind every little old lady in a gremlin that drives like 5 miles an hour in the state. Get to the tunnel only to find there is an accident, all stop. They get that cleared up and then open the drawbridge and cannot get it closed again. Two hours later there are finally enough people that get the clue to turn around by crossing the median for me to turn around. I drive another 50 miles out of the way to take the long way around and get to work at 12:30. OK, time for a bottle of water and a cigarette just to chill out for a minute. Go get the water and go back to the car to unload my briefcase and paperwork only to find I have a flat. Hey this day is just getting better by the minute. Use fix-a-flat and get it to the station to get it plugged. Back to work only to find out that the last customer review went really bad so I spend the afternoon trying to insure them that we will take care of it and are invoking a new Quality program to insure this does not happen again in the future. Whew, what a day. Good news, didnt have a drink or even have time to think about one for that matter. Two weeks for me...woohoo!!! You can always find a positive no matter how many negatives may fall your way, sometimes you just have to step far enough back to see it!!
Chillin with a soda,
Roy
Old 06-22-2004, 05:02 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

hi (((roy))) I miss her too..
Old 06-23-2004, 10:00 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Roy
Somedays just plain suck. That's that. Glad to here you kept trudging on and took the blows in stride. Drinking would have really made it a bad day. What is the thing with the little old ladies sportin' a Gremlin. They're everywhere. :yell: That is one of my biggest pet peeves. Dilly dally people in cars. Someone needs to inform them, that their car won't burst into flames upon reaching the required speed limit. Irritating. Although, I have reached a new found understanding, for the old man driving the Geo, with his blinker blinking endlessly. Mine seems to be acting up and fear I may have been guilty, of the same crime. HMMMM. Sad but true. I must get that looked at. Well...keep searching for the positive and chuckle at the negative. Have a fabulous 24!!!!

Talia
Old 06-23-2004, 04:31 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Lol

Thanks Talia,
Hope you had a wonderful day. Yep, I see plenty of them. I live near a very famous resort area that is full of wealthy retired people. Nothing more frustrating that seeing an $80 thousand dollar sportscar with a couple that are the same age as the price going like 15 on a highway where 65 is the limit. GRRRRR The turn signal thing cracks me up, I was very irritated with a man doing just that the other day and turns out when I looked down at the dash, I had the same problem....oops. LOL. Thanks for posting and I hope you have a wonderful 24 as well.
Hugs,
Roy
Old 06-27-2004, 01:17 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Hey

:ugh2:
Old 07-06-2005, 12:35 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Where are you ??

Old 07-06-2005, 04:09 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

hey all

Hi Mir,
I have just been working and contemplating some things as far as life goes. I considered going back into the military but am too old now so I live with the frustrations that comes with exec life. The thing is that I do the work but do not make the pay according to industry standard. I am doing fine and I hope all is well with you and yours.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:19 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Hey Tryin!
About time you popped in! Yes, I know finding your way "later" in life is tough ! I am so glad you are well. Please don't be a stranger ! I got a huge grin when I saw your post. Keep the faith . Bless, Trish
Old 07-06-2005, 06:49 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Hey Roy!
Old 07-06-2005, 09:14 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Angel, darn its good to see you again, I though you left from a post that I seen. Thanks Mir, you know I love ya'll too much to stay away for too long. I have a new-to-me truck that I am restoring and with that and work and house projects I have just been busy, thats all.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:15 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Roy I am glad you are taking care of your self. It is good to hear frfom you again.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:37 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Roy, some special friends pulled me back here. It is good to have people to do that.

I think that is cool that you're restoring that new truck. Trucks are awesome!!

Hugs,
Cheryl
Old 07-07-2005, 02:42 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Thanks Cheryl,
Yeah, I have always had fast cars and thought that a truck would be a good change as I am getting older and my needs are changing. I am coming up on 40 which is actually kinda funny because most guys buy a hot rod when they go through their mid to late 30s and instead I bought a nice older truck...go figure. Anyway, it is rare and needs some work but sure does come in handy especially with the house and yard projects. I only fear that I will get it all restored and "pretty" and not want to haul anything in it anymore. Anyway, a belated "welcome back" and thank you for the kind comments.