Notices

What was your poison? And How much?

Old 05-21-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Margaritas, patron, jager, rum...always lost count after the sixth one..my bar tabs were so high that I must've drank approx. 12-15 during one evening
Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'd rather talk about recovery instead of triggers. It was all bad , who really cares.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Why does it matter? Alcohol in any form is just poison. Doesn't matter how they made it or what flavors were added. It is all poison made from rotten grains, potatoes or fruit. Nasty stuff really. All of it. And it all taste bad. That's why they flavor it. Because alcohol by itself taste horrible!

Reminds me of the old saying, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Vodka. Smirnoff, red label and plenty of it. I could easily polish off the bigger sized flask in a night. In fact that usually wasn't enough. I drank it with cranberry juice and ice, but the vodka was usually 50/50 with the juice. That and red wine was about all I could handle after a while Other things would just make me sick or so hungover that I wanted to die. Even a different vodka brand could knock me on my butt. Maybe that was my liver kicking back at me?
Old 05-21-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I drank 2-4 glasses of wine a day. One of the signs that I needed to quit was the fact that I no longer seemed to like the taste of wine no matter how high the quality. It's as if I have reached my lifetime wine quota already.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DirtyRiverMan View Post
Why does it matter? Alcohol in any form is just poison. Doesn't matter how they made it or what flavors were added. It is all poison made from rotten grains, potatoes or fruit. Nasty stuff really. All of it. And it all taste bad. That's why they flavor it. Because alcohol by itself taste horrible!

Reminds me of the old saying, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
Though I agree it's all poison, at least to us, I disagree that all of it taste's bad. That's a matter of opinion. As a former home brewer, I made some damn tasty stuff. I'm thinking of trying to put that equipment to use making my own soda's or non alcoholic cider's. I always enjoyed the crafting aspect of the hobby, and would like to continue that somehow. AFTER, I have a few more months of sobriety under my belt.

Beer (naturally) and vodka were my poisons.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand that people like to compare, and a lot of us seem to like to talk about the old days.

I'm just concerned that threads like these can turn into war stories, and even more concerned that they can trigger other members

Keeping in mind this is Newcomers forum, I think we'll leave it there, guys.

Thanks for your understanding
D