Notices

4 days :) Time off work is making me anxious though.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kys

4 days :) Time off work is making me anxious though.

I'm going really well planned on posting here when I hit 7 days, and I will, but at the moment I'm stressing about the sick days the doctor has requested I take from work to manage this head on.

I'm not even taking all the sick days the doctor is asking me to take, just a few, but there's only a few people at my work place and I'm involved in a lot so my lack of presence will be noticed. Of course I'm not going in to detail why I'm sick, nor am I expected to. I think part of the guilt is that I'll be using some of this time off to finish work I should have done but was too hungover or elusive at work last week to do so. In a way though the realisation that my job was heading down this path was a large prompt for me to finally take proper measures to manage this, and this time away, resting and tying up loose ends with work will have just saved me in time I think before I'd have to face some real consequences.

Maybe I'm being too hard on myself, maybe not. It takes me about an hour to get to work and even longer back sometimes in traffic, so the time removed from all of that including work is definitely what I need. Rest, as the doctor put it basically.

Above all however I look forward to posting at seven days and beyond and sharing some cheer. It's ironic, I still have plenty of progress but after near a year and a half I've at last got hold of this like never before (programs etc), and now I'm worrying about this!

Thanks as always.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Take it easy on yourself these first few days. Eat well, rest, and exercise if you can. You'll be alright.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kys

Thanks as always Least.

I can't take back the past, but I'm bringing myself out of this mess sober. I'm probably worrying about the external stuff like above too much also. All kind of becoming reality. I'm glad I'm doing it now, and not even a week later.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You have a doctors certificate.
A medically trained professional thinks it's best for you not to be working right now.

I'd go with that Kys

congrats on 4 days

D
Old 05-21-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kys

Thanks Dee, and you're both right.

I'm going so well