SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   One Week & Life to Go!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/295302-one-week-life-go.html)

EverySngleNight 05-20-2013 02:40 PM

One Week & Life to Go!!

One week down!! Sitting here enjoying my Pellegriino and cranberry "spritzer". Made one last night in a wine glass while I cooked. I had a craving, and bellieve it or not- it worked!!!

Still lotsa' hard work ahead of me. I am happy to have a week.

:thanks

BJett 05-20-2013 02:44 PM

Awesome

Dee74 05-20-2013 02:50 PM

congrats on your week ESN :)

D

bigsombrero 05-20-2013 03:09 PM

Awesome! Hey, do you live with a significant other who drinks? I live alone, but noticed months into recovery that i still had wine glasses, shot glasses, and beer glasses in the house, not to mention a beer sign on the wall.....i tossed em!
Congrats again!

digdug 05-20-2013 03:20 PM

Congrats on your first week!

Your post made me realize I still have my wine glasses, shot glasses, scotch sniffers and margarita glasses. I'll toss them but maybe I'll save one glass for cranberry spritzers. ;)

Keep it up!

BJett 05-20-2013 03:20 PM

And life to go...

I really like that!

EverySngleNight 05-20-2013 03:36 PM

My husband is committed to staying sober with me and quit when I did. Lemme tell ya why I'm NOT throwing out my glasses... My shot glasses have Sailor Jerry pin up girls on them (LOVE), and I use them to hold measured spices while I'm cooking. I also sip vinegar from them.. (I know, gross... but I LOVE vinegar.) Wine glasses- I host brunches and dinner parties fairly regularly. (they WILL be NON-alcoholic and I'm sticking to brunch, or lunch for a good long while-no dinners for as long as it takes!) It's wonderful to be able to serve juices, water, or sparkling water etc for brunch or lunch, in pretty gasses. They weren't FREE!! LOL I can put booze in a dog bowl and drink it- Makes not one bit o difference to me. If, IF- I had NO other uses for them, I WOULD give them away. But, I'm not breaking up with my pin ups! And I'm NOT setting a beautiful table without Stemware. I'm a cook... I just can't do it!!!! NOOOOOOO! LOL

EverySngleNight 05-20-2013 03:59 PM

I'm not a "fancy pants" or whatever. Didn't mean to sound snobby... But I do take a lot of pride in hosting friends and family, bringing my people together with a meal to share, aesthetics is a part of that for me... :-\

Dollyangel17 05-20-2013 04:59 PM

Me too... I love hosting dinner parties, and have all the pretty wine, sherry, champagne etc. I will probably be drinking sparkling water with lemon in my wine glass when the in laws come:-)

bigsombrero 05-20-2013 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by EverySngleNight (Post 3975840)
I'm not a "fancy pants" or whatever. Didn't mean to sound snobby... But I do take a lot of pride in hosting friends and family, bringing my people together with a meal to share, aesthetics is a part of that for me... :-\

Totally understand. And as you said, they weren't free! (BTW, mine were - when my friends got married they gave me all of their old glassware, etc!) LOL.

Missy7 05-20-2013 05:21 PM

I love your statement that you would drink liquor out of a dog bowl. I don't think I"ve done that, but I totally get it. And I understand about the importance of stemware. I love some of my glasses....I could serve wine to, probably, sixty people at one time. Different sets, but still....Maybe I'll get rid of some of them.