Notices

hi!

Old 05-20-2013, 02:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi!

finally! just want some help and advice. i'm a 35 welsh lad living in sweden with a beautiful girlfriend and 2 year old son. i've drank allmost every day since i was about 18. mainly beer and wine, in the evenings. for the last year though, ive been drinking during the day. i stash them around the garden so i can have a few before work, drink a beer and whisky for lunch and then few more pints before the bus home. usually pass out when i get home. i don't understand how it became like this, alltough my folks drink a lot. can it be down to that? no idea. im really happy in my relationship and i love my kid to bits, just dont know why the booze takes over? sick of feeling hungover every day and just topping up. cant remeber feeling good in the morning.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

to SR. You will find a lot of information and support here.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Breugal

I drank when I was sad, and drank when I was happy too - I drank to self medicate, I drank to celebrate I drank to commiserate and I drank to stave off boredom.

I ended up drinking for a lot of reasons, some valid and some utterly ridiculous.

The really good news is I didn't really have to know why I drank in order to stop

You'll find a lot of help and support here to stop too

D
Old 05-20-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR breugal! You'll find lots of support here. Glad you found us!

Old 05-20-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard. Your statements about the great family and love you have in your life is motivation enough to start a life of sobriety. Good luck and keep reading this Board as there is a lot of support and friends to be made.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Breugal

There are many differing theories as to why people drink more than others. A lot of it could be down to your physiological make up and not down to environmental factors. That was something I came to accept with myself anyway because I knew that whatever I changed in my life the drinking was the one thing that stayed the same. Although interesting, it isn't actually something you need to understand in order to do something about however. Maybe just concentrate on what you need to help you stop for now. You'll find lots of help and support here x