Notices

AA meeting question

Old 05-19-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question AA meeting question

Ok so I want to go to a meeting tomorrow at 530, there aren't any other meetings at convenient times. I don't want to be out too late. The problem is that I will have my 8 month old. It's not a closed meeting, but would it be wildly inappropriate to take him? My daughter has gymnastics and my husband will be taking her. He would take my son, but he is usually in bed by 7 and going with him would mean no bed til after 8. I wouldn't dream of ever taking my daughter as she understands more, but my son wouldn't know what's going on and if he were to fuss, I'd take him out.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sure that is fine. I have read quite a bit that some people bring their kids.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

nope, not wildly inappropriate. if its open, then all are welcome, even youngens. and i am sure most meetings around ya are ok with ya bringing the curtain crawler to a closed meeting. we enjoy seeing poeple willing to go to any lengths to achieve sobriety.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ok, thanks! I'm not going to go today, so I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be anecessity.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
It's fine. A man brought his eight year old daughter to a meeting I went to on Saturday. She just played on her iPad the whole time.

And the group was very well behaved. Normally, people are cursing up a storm lol.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I went to a pretty big AA "congregation" a few times, it was in a large church and there was an area for parents with young children. It was kind of like a glass box on the side of the room, so they could see the meeting but none of us could hear the little rascals...yes there's room for your kid!