Notices

Depressed

Old 05-19-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Depressed

How am I supposed to beat cravings when I lack any desire/energy/motivation to do anything else. I don't feel like eating, I'm tired but I do nothing but sleep and I'm sick of it. I'm annoyed with my parents and my boyfriend. I have no friends to hangout with today, and even if I did I wouldn't want to see anyone. I just wanna walk to the liquor store and woop problems solved...even tho I know it would only make things worse. So depressing.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I totally get this. Hang in there.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

It's pretty normal to feel that way early in sobriety. Your brain is accustomed to having pleasure poured over it, so it's not used to relying on other stimuli to feel good. Finding new things to do that don't involve drinking takes a little time, but you'll get there.

Stay strong, we can do this!
Old 05-19-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It is hard, but I had faith that a different approach would bring different results - and they really did.

I had to get out of thinking my drinking was any kind of a solution because I'd proved time and again that wasn't the case at all.

Every one of us here has felt like you do doogie - we got through - it takes time and patience and a little faith - but you will too

D
Old 05-19-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree that it's hard and frustrating - please know that you aren't alone in feeling this way. Unfortunately, that's what led me back to square one every time I relapsed. I didn't wait long enough to come out of the fog and get back into life.

As Dee said, we have to let go of the idea that drinking is going to solve anything. It doesn't make us happy or satisfied or fulfilled. It just numbs us and keeps us in that state - we don't change or grow or find other things to enjoy. This too shall pass as they say - and it really will - we promise.