SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hello (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/295133-hello.html)

MrsKing 05-19-2013 01:00 AM

Hello

Hi everyone,

Some of you may remember me from a while back. I was sober for almost a year, and then I decided I was OK and I could drink again. The same old story that you hear day in and day out. Even whilst drinking I've been checking in here and reading posts and I knew something was still wrong with me, if that makes sense. Anyway, it's 08:58 in the morning, and I'm up, having drunk all night, and I just know something is wrong, really wrong. I don't really know where to start here any more, I just know I need to post, and say hello and I'm back. Thank goodness I have this place, because tomorrow is day one and I think I'm really going to need the support here :(

Hope everyone is doing well.

ReadyAtLast 05-19-2013 01:12 AM

good to see you back mrsking :)

MidnightBlue 05-19-2013 01:18 AM

Hi, MrsKing!

Glad that you are back and posting!

Experience is hard, and we, human beings, really prefer to learn making our own mistakes. It's just so human.

You have the whole year under your belt! You know how to quit, you know how to keep up a great job. And now you know this for sure and by your own experience.

And thanks for being so honest - I think a lot of people who have passed some long-distance milestones will read this and learn from your post. Me for sure.

Jump back on the wagon, you have all our support!

Take care.

GracieLou 05-19-2013 01:29 AM

Welcome back!

I wish I had some magic words. That fact that you came back shows willingness to seek help.

We all start at day one. Glad you are back and keep posting.

MrsLamp 05-19-2013 01:39 AM

Hiya, I'm just starting out today. Just want to wish you all the best.

Dee74 05-19-2013 02:12 AM

I missed your posts Mrs King - I'm glad you're back :)

D

hypochondriac 05-19-2013 02:15 AM

Glad to see you back MrsKing. You've been missed around here x

LSC1 05-19-2013 02:15 AM

Welcome back MrsKing , I have learnt a lot from your many posts. :)

Dejvice 05-19-2013 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by MrsKing (Post 3973102)
Hi everyone,

Some of you may remember me from a while back. I was sober for almost a year, and then I decided I was OK and I could drink again. The same old story that you hear day in and day out. Even whilst drinking I've been checking in here and reading posts and I knew something was still wrong with me, if that makes sense. Anyway, it's 08:58 in the morning, and I'm up, having drunk all night, and I just know something is wrong, really wrong. I don't really know where to start here any more, I just know I need to post, and say hello and I'm back. Thank goodness I have this place, because tomorrow is day one and I think I'm really going to need the support here :(

Hope everyone is doing well.

Well you are here, good for you, try again. Loads of support.

Also Mrs King for what its worth, your post this morning (without any doubt) will have helped (and will help) a lot of people never to listen to that AV telling you all is ok and you can drink just a few.

Thank you for sharing your experience (yes it is difficult) but it will help other peope here.

So see you around here.

freshstart57 05-19-2013 03:33 AM

*waves*

heath480 05-19-2013 03:53 AM

Welcome back Mrs King :c012:

Pondlady 05-19-2013 05:31 AM

Awwww......was just thinking of you the other day and was going to send you another PM. You've been such an inspiration to me and many others, thank you for rejoining us:) Hugs!

Zee 05-19-2013 05:45 AM

Hi MrsKing... I blipped too, shiz happens... missed you xxx