SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   It's time to stop (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/295131-its-time-stop.html)

MrsLamp 05-19-2013 12:14 AM

It's time to stop

Hello guys, sorry I didn't stick around last time after getting to day 4 with support of SR. This time I'm not messing around. Lucky enough to have 9 days off work and I'm planning to use this time to start to get better. Went yesterday and bought supplements like milk thistle and kudzu etc. Drinking is just a very miserable affair now and I'm just pouring it down my neck to stop feeling bad. That last sentence would never make sense to a non addict!

I just know that whatever life throws at me in the next nine days I'm not using that muck. Thank you SR for all the help at the start of the year.

Sazzle 05-19-2013 12:22 AM

So good to see you back MrsLamp. I completely understand where you are at right now.

Welcome back

S x

MythOfSisyphus 05-19-2013 12:29 AM

Welcome back! It's funny how we ruin our lives to avoid feeling bad! But yeah, only a drunk or druggie would understand. It sounds like you're off to a good start!:You_Rock_

Dee74 05-19-2013 12:36 AM

Welcome back MrsLamp :)

do you have any plans besides the milk thistle and kudzu? :)

D

MrsLamp 05-19-2013 01:06 AM

Thanks for replies guys, so grateful, yes I have written a daily plan which I will stick to including exercise, Ill walk miles with the dog, eat well, I've bought in loads of different juices, have all my favorite books left out and I am making staying sober number 1 priority over everything, and I will stay logged in here which I found a massive help in the wee small hours last time. OH is in a bad way as well so one of us has to get a grip of reality. I will not get caught up in any moods or arguments, and I am learning to meditate and stay with bad feelings until they pass (which they do). I am determined. If I don't stop now I will die.

ReadyAtLast 05-19-2013 02:12 AM

good to see you back mrslamp :)

Dejvice 05-19-2013 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by MrsLamp (Post 3973085)
Drinking is just a very miserable affair now and I'm just pouring it down my neck to stop feeling bad. That last sentence would never make sense to a non addict!

Very striking and very true words.
Be strong the next few days and remember the words you wrote.

FeelingGreat 05-19-2013 03:08 AM

Hi Mrs Lamp; I bet you make it through. Sometimes lapses show us just how much we want to stop. Keep posting every day and tell us how you're going. Lots of support; you can do it!

Fandy 05-19-2013 03:16 AM

I've often thought of you Mrs.Lamp, welcome back!
I love to hear from with the SR ladies "across the pond" and down under...stick with us, it helps tremendously to know that you can reach out 24/7 and be understood.
Mr.Lamp is still drinking? That would be hard for me to deal with, especially early on...talk about it to help yourself.

MrsLamp 05-19-2013 03:51 AM

Thanks everyone for welcome, I needn't have worried about posting again. I really mean business this time, I'm doing this to save my life, for myself, if it causes some other things to end well maybe that's not so bad. I'ts been staying in this so called "comfort" zone all these years that's got me to this hell.
Went to Dr start of year and was referred to counsellor, went a couple of times but not for me though I appreciate it can be a great help to others, but the fact that I tried made me realise no one else can stop drinking for me. I have to change things and I am going to with your help please SR, no matter what OH does. thanks. x

Sazzle 05-19-2013 06:47 AM

You sound so focused MrsLamp. We're all here for you.

S x