Notices

Help

Old 05-15-2004, 04:22 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Dan

Yep Jay, the little guys are hard to give up too!
Sounds like a plan for Monday.
Be gentle on yourself. :tri
Old 05-15-2004, 05:09 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

HEY JAY,TED HERE ALCOHOLIC.I CAN SO RELATE,I'M 43,DRINKER FOR 20+ YEARS,
DRUGS OF ALL SORTS AS WELL.WITHDRAWS ARE BAD FOR ME TOO.
GOOD ADVICE GIVEN ABOUT SEEING A DR. IV'E JUMPED IN WITH BOTH FEET THIS TIME,
ALMOST 30 DAYS SOBER FOR ME, ONE AT A TIME FOR SURE.
YOU CAN DO THIS, KEEP REACHING OUT FOR HELP.
THIS IS A GREAT PLACE FOR SUPPORT,MY SECOND HOME!
WELCOME JAY, KEEP POSTING!

Old 05-17-2004, 07:02 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Day one has begun

Hi all,
Well, Day one is here lets see If I can do this. Tremors pretty bad first thing this morning,It's actually what woke me up. But the real test will be tonight. Im pretty used to this during the day.Athough today is the worst I've ever felt. It figures. So,How long before I will feel some relief?
I also have some stuff to share later on. Im having a bit of troulbe typing so I will mainly just be watching the site today. It's going to be tough hiding this at work today!
---J
Old 05-17-2004, 08:48 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Mind Games

Yesterday was a crappy day. I kept going back and forth whether or not
I was being over dramatic and that this site was silly and I was an idiot for even coming here. Then I had to keep reminding myself of how I actually feel physically and that these symtoms Im having are real. That two medical doctors,while not much help,told me I could die. So in reality Im mabe being UNDER dramatic. Now today I keep doing the same thing. I think the brain is already setting up to fail before I even start. Oh man, Im really depressed!
----J
Old 05-17-2004, 08:54 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Dan

We are our worst enemies Jay!
For many of us, it was necessary to hit (wait for the cliche here) rock bottom. Alcoholism is a powerful thing. Addiction, compulsion, pick a word...
I had to come to the realization that drinking again would bring me the same lousy results, every time. Some of us are lucky enough to come to that conclusion without too much pain. Others are not. Don't feel unique about these head games you are playing with yourself. We all go there.
Keep posting!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:28 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

coincident?

Some pretty amaz things are unfolding today and I have a hard time
thinking this is all coincident. I have been talking to an old friend of mine who is a Dr of psychology and runs a Drug and alcohol rehab in Colorado.(Harl if you ever read this my dept to you is eternal) He's been suggesting some medications I should use during withdrawal. As Iv'e talked before about the problems Ive been experiencing with the medcial proffesionals,I emailed him of my delema, I heard from him this morning that he is going to try and find someone in my area that will work with me. If that was not enough,I have one best friend Ive know my whole life,who is a pastor in Colorado,who has been there for all my major life situations,called and is here! At my House,from Colorado,right now, and is staying with me for a week!
Just so bizaar!
---J
Old 05-17-2004, 09:30 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Dan

He He He....
Coincidence? I think not!
Very cool Jay.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:04 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Thought I would re-post this. It kind of got lost up there but I could
use some input on this question. Im sure it varies for everyone but.....?

"Hi all,
Well, Day one is here lets see If I can do this. Tremors pretty bad first thing this morning,It's actually what woke me up. But the real test will be tonight. Im pretty used to this during the day.Athough today is the worst I've ever felt. It figures. So,How long before I will feel some relief?
I also have some stuff to share later on. Im having a bit of troulbe typing so I will mainly just be watching the site today. It's going to be tough hiding this at work today!"
---J
Old 05-17-2004, 11:09 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Dan

Again Jay, typical physical withdrawal for me was usually 72 to 96 hours.
But I'm thinking with your friend in town, you will draw some strength.
The shaking will stop.
The cold sweat will stop.
The real battle is spiritual in the end.
Keep posting!
Old 05-17-2004, 11:13 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Thanks Dan,
Yeh I guess you did say that before. Sorry, havent been very mentally sharp for,oh about 20yrs. But just recently it's gotten quite a bit worse.
Thanks again for all the support.
___J
Old 05-17-2004, 11:32 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hi Jay,
I'm Lynda and I'm also very new here. I felt like real crap for 4 days then fuzzy, in a fog for 2 or 3 more days. It does get better. Today is the ninth day without a drink and I feel better then yesterday. I did what ever was suggested to me and I pray a lot. I hope that each day keeps getting better then the one before so this life will become worth living.
I'll pray for you. Just know it does get better.
Hugs,
Lynda
Old 05-17-2004, 11:45 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Chy

Originally Posted by jayzuma
Thanks Dan,
I just PM'd Jon.Got some good info. I asked him this as well, Does anyone on this site ever sleep?
Got to work,back later
----J
Old 05-17-2004, 11:45 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

jay,
i just got back from my first vacation w/o a drink. not one. shocking for me. i read your posts and they sounded so familiar. all the symptoms will stop. water and multi's are helpful. and support from your freind will definatly help you get thru it. but, remember that when he leaves you will be feeling good and all, about the time you think you can have "just one". DON'T!!!! i did exactly that. i felt sooo bad i couldn't beleive it. back to square one....sucked.
keep posting, it helps
Old 05-17-2004, 11:49 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Chy

The worst of it last's 3-4 day's. Make it through today, and you only have a couple more to go.!

Plenty of fluids, vitamins, and force yourself to eat. Please make sure you have somone around you at all times for the first week just in case there is an emergency and you need help alcohol detox is not something to mess with alone.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:16 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Thanks

thanks for all the input. This is absolutley the worst day I have ever had.
Blurred vision,shakes,ect... It figures I would have this kind of a day on the day I try to make it day one. But I guess feeling like this was inevitable.
I started to try and eat and I just cant do it.Ive mangaged to hide all day so far. I have to be honest here,Im not sure I can do this. The only thing that gives me hope is that It's not ever going to stop unless I go through this. It's also hard to do this alone. I havent had a chance to talk to my friend yet(im at work till 5:30) and my wife doesnt even know this is going on(long story,maybe later)
I'll type when I can,it seems to help a little. I mean a very little!!!
J
Old 05-17-2004, 02:48 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Hey,
Feeling worse every minute. I just read the 1st step in the 12 steps.Never actually have read them before. I only read step 1 though. I think It's easy to say I can do that one. I'll read more of them as time goes by.
Just posting to post.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:53 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Hang in there Jay! We are right here with you, you are not alone! Sending you hugs and prayers. Know that you are doing the right thing!!

Missy
Old 05-17-2004, 04:31 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Be careful Jay! Alcohol withdrawal is horrible. I was clean and sober for 17 months and started drinking (not my DOC). Eventually I was drinking daily. Then I found that I couldnt just stop. I got Librium from my doctor to try and detox myself. But I just ended up drinking along with the med and ended up in the hospital. Just keep a close watch on your medical situation! And get help if you need it. Youre in my thoughts and prayers.

Heather
Old 05-17-2004, 04:34 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

It's Showtime

Ok friends and campers. I have learned alot the last few days from SR.Now it's time to put it to the test. Im signing of in a few to see if day one makes it through the night. I came up with this very complicated scientific test to check how I am doing. When I cant concentrate enough to play video poker on my cell phone I know Im screwed. Well,Im pretty much screwed.
If I am can I will let you know tomorrow if I was able to hang on.
Keep the posts coming. I need the support.Even if I cant type(Im just about at that point) I will try and still read. God help me.
Until then- See you on the flip side
Old 05-17-2004, 04:36 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Dan

See you on ther other side Jay.