SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Anyone available to chat to someone in need of help? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/295059-anyone-available-chat-someone-need-help.html)

citylights 05-18-2013 09:12 AM

Anyone available to chat to someone in need of help?

I am going through yet another relapse and would be so grateful if the community could offer support that I can possibly get through it and come out on other side.

Thanks so much for everyone here, you've been incredible in the past, especially the newcomer greeters including Hevyn.

:a108:

Mizzuno 05-18-2013 09:16 AM

Are you there?

citylights 05-18-2013 09:17 AM

I will go into chat room now thank you so much

citylights 05-18-2013 09:20 AM

My computer needs a new plug in to enter chat room I'll install and be in there asap

MidnightBlue 05-18-2013 09:21 AM

Hi, Citylights.

Sorry about your relapse. What was you trigger for relapse?

Anyway, never give up hope. Tell us more, keep posting.

citylights 05-18-2013 09:29 AM

I got into the chat room and would love to talk to anyone.

The trigger honestly was a relationship that was an extremely unwise choice for me given my history and vulnerability after last relapse. I knew it was not the way to take care of myself I don't want to trigger anyone else talking about the details except I know that the only way I was going to heal was with self care and I was going to intensive outpatient treatment to do that and then, boom, it brought me to knees and here I am again.

citylights 05-18-2013 09:34 AM

I was in the hospital for seven days over Xmas because of last relapse and honestly, they weren't sure I was ever going to walk out of there.

But I got amazing treatment and they were all shocked that my body healed so quickly given where I was. I will never forget what nurse told me--I had to have around the clock freelance nurse care because I was so impaired--when I first started waling again.

She said. You can do this. You are stronger than you think. And made me walk with IVs etc.

So I just have been saying to myself, you are stronger than you think. You can do this. Because that's the only hope.

And that's what I see all the time on this site, I mean some of the stories of recovery are jaw droppingly inspiring and that's why I'm back and leaning on my fellows.

citylights 05-18-2013 09:52 AM

It's just that right now I'm going through home detox myself which I know is not ideal (I keep reading the stories on the site of people's experiences with detox to help me right now) but have just kind of had with the entire recovery business. After my last detox I went into an inpatient program for TWO days and was charged 9K that my insurance didn't cover. So I want to do this, and just get back to recovery program. Sorry about whining maybe I should be in whiner's room too :)

citylights 05-18-2013 09:58 AM

But loss of basically my best friend for the last years when I just don't have the coping skills that I need right now is why I am here again. Anyone relate?

Coldfusion 05-18-2013 10:07 AM

Hi, City Lights!

I missed my AA meeting this morning, and so I thought I would come here and chat.

I can relate to loss--my first wife of 20 years died ten years ago. Do you have a support group? I live in the woods miles from town and my vehicle problems are in the whiners forum, are you in a city?

citylights 05-18-2013 10:12 AM

Thank you Cold!

I am so sorry about your loss, that must have been extremely hard and the fact that you're here and posting is amazing.

I am in NYC so can go to meetings once I am not quite as impaired, and I know that's the answer. Support is the only way we all get through this.

citylights 05-18-2013 12:46 PM

Thanks to all the people who chatted with me today, this forum is a true miracle. As so many of you know, I am wrung out beyond belief. But everyone was so helpful and is giving me strength to get through this. I'm not making any promises any more--I am literally taking it moment by moment right now.

Hevyn 05-18-2013 12:51 PM

City - I've just seen this now - I PM'd you. Sending love - and prayers are going up for you to get past this and back into life again. I'm so glad you came here to talk about what's going on.

citylights 05-18-2013 01:10 PM

Thank you Hevyn for PM and support. I know you and so many others have done it and it's giving me the hope that I need.

Hevyn 05-18-2013 01:14 PM

There is no doubt in my mind that you can do this. I was a lost cause, or so I thought. I have 5 yrs. 4 mos. sober - so there's your proof right there. I was drinking 'round the clock in the end, but I am out of hell. You will be too!