SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Feck you drugs (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/295020-feck-you-drugs.html)

Midlifecrisis 05-17-2013 05:27 PM

Feck you drugs

Benzos, opiates, alcohol, amphetamines, hallucinogens, up yours! You have been in my life or taken over my thinking too long. I had myself convinced that I needed you. I don't. I need my life back and my family need me.

I love the way you make my bed feel like a cloud and the way you make sleep effortless. I love the way you take away all my thoughts and cares. I love the way you help me to be more outgoing.

But I hate what I've let you take from me. My mind, my body, quality time with my family. Time! I hate that you take away my cares so much that falling asleep with you I couldn't care less if I were never to wake up.

This is probably the hardest I have had to fight and I know there is only one thjng that would give me instant relief. But I'm not going there, I'm not doing all this again. I could lose everything.

I'm scared to feel but I know I need to. Life on life's terms.

Feck you drugs.

While we are at it. Feck you bulimia.

You can't have me.

Leshar 05-17-2013 05:45 PM

Great and thought provoking post, thanks. Are you Irish?

Midlifecrisis 05-17-2013 05:46 PM

Lol no. I had an Irish maiden name though ;). And swearing isn't allowed lol.

EverySngleNight 05-17-2013 05:50 PM

I agree!! Flock all of it!!!

Leshar 05-17-2013 05:52 PM

Haha! I went to uni in Dublin, kinda miss the Irish slang.
Take care.

DirtyRiverMan 05-17-2013 05:55 PM

I agree..........feck em' all! :)

Midlifecrisis 05-17-2013 06:09 PM

:)

drunkyjules 05-17-2013 06:15 PM

You can do it midlife!!! Believe in a whole new you, a whole new life and take it a day at a time!!:You_Rock_

Midlifecrisis 05-17-2013 06:16 PM

Thank you Jules :)

Hevyn 05-17-2013 06:53 PM

It's wonderful to hear you sounding so determined and positive. :) You never have to return to that awful place - you're doing this.

Midlifecrisis 05-17-2013 06:55 PM

Thanks. Yeah that came from somewhere inside. I am lying here like a vegetable and not really feeling any emotions yet. They just be in there though.

Grungehead 05-17-2013 07:09 PM

They are in there MLC, it just takes awhile for the "novocaine" to wear off. :)

My suggestion (from experience) is to be prepared for them once they do come back. While it's great to feel them again it can also be a bit overwhelming at first since it has become "normal" for us to be numb to them.

Midlifecrisis 05-17-2013 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Grungehead (Post 3971551)
They are in there MLC, it just takes awhile for the "novocaine" to wear off. :)

My suggestion (from experience) is to be prepared for them once they do come back. While it's great to feel them again it can also be a bit overwhelming at first since it has become "normal" for us to be numb to them.

Thanks. Yeah, I am still very much in withdrawal from the Benzos so all my thinking is really gojng into my physical state a (literally) putting one foot in front of the other.

I am quite nervous about the feelings coming back. I was sober for 6 weeks or so from New Years and I was depressed and suicidal during this time. I am on anti depressants now so I am hoping they help me keep my head above for just a little while. I am just waiting for my ed to rear it's ugly head also.

Grungehead 05-17-2013 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis (Post 3971554)
Thanks. Yeah, I am still very much in withdrawal from the Benzos so all my thinking is really gojng into my physical state a (literally) putting one foot in front of the other.

I am quite nervous about the feelings coming back. I was sober for 6 weeks or so from New Years and I was depressed and suicidal during this time. I am on anti depressants now so I am hoping they help me keep my head above for just a little while. I am just waiting for my ed to rear it's ugly head also.

Yeah it usually takes me about 3 months just to feel there is hope and about 6 months to actually feel good about myself and life in general. It does happen eventually though. Right now just putting one foot in front of the other and not using is a major accomplishment so keep it up! :)

Midlifecrisis 05-17-2013 07:32 PM

Thanks:). Can't wait to feel some semblance of normality, whatever that is!

animalnurse9 05-18-2013 01:07 AM

Hehe I'm Irish �� feck it all ��

Midlifecrisis 05-18-2013 02:36 AM

Hehe

Troae 05-18-2013 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis (Post 3971425)
Lol no. I had an Irish maiden name though ;). And swearing isn't allowed lol.

My favorite creative "un-swear" is, "BUCK FOOZE!!"

Midlifecrisis 05-18-2013 02:52 AM

Haha unswear ;)

Hevyn 05-18-2013 12:57 PM

Hoping today is better for you MLC. (At least some semblance of normalcy, as you said.)