SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 11 and Big Ole Pity Party for me...someone slap me (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/294920-day-11-big-ole-pity-party-me-someone-slap-me.html)

Angiekins3 05-16-2013 04:56 PM

Day 11 and Big Ole Pity Party for me...someone slap me

into reality...what the heck is my problem ! I am just feeling so sorry for myself and I don't know why!!!! My babysitter canceled on me last minute before a meeting so I couldn't get to one today cause I couldn't find a sitter. So .... it put me a sad state and I have no clue why.....I feel disappointed ....
I cant seem to get myself in a good mood.... I wanna go to bed and just wake up and be happy....
Thanks for listening to me whine
Angie:c021:

1stthingsfirst 05-16-2013 05:16 PM

I hope you feel better! I have the same problem. Too hard on myself and then alternately I feel overly sorry for myself.

Anna 05-16-2013 05:37 PM

Hey, Angie, just hang around here for awhile. Maybe try to find something good to read or watch a movie.

Bruce292 05-16-2013 05:38 PM

You're not whining. You're expressing yourself. It may sound obvious but I think it's important and this forum is a great place to express oneself. At least for me "getting it out" helps in a huge way. Especially with all the wonderful people who post here.

Maylie 05-16-2013 05:42 PM

Take a big breath and just concentrate on your breathing for a second.

We all get into that mindset where everything is a huge deal and we feel sorry for ourselves. It happens to even those that appear really perky on the outside, it is part of being human and stressed!

I find that what helps me is literally taking a step back and trying to put things in perspective. Sometimes I list the things that I am grateful for and think of how far I have come and how much worse things could actually be. Other times I need to just lay down in the dark for a little bit and relax and just concentrate on breathing or a good crawl up on the couch and watch a mindless tv show I enjoy or a good book helps. I'm not sure how old your child is but coloring helps me relax my mind maybe you can do a craft with your child depending how old. (I color and I don't have kids so hey whatever works to calm our nerves right? lol)

At day 11 things are still new and your still learning how to deal with life sober. You are doing great and things will get a little easier everyday (easier said than done I know) but what when you get down on yourself think about the spot you were in 11 days ago. You have come REALLY far even if you don't feel that way at times.

Sally3127 05-16-2013 06:13 PM

I was like that yesterday. I was so sad and depressed and couldn't figure out why. I even got a little put out with my sponsor because I thought she was ignoring me. It's just the nature of our disease. Selfish, self-seeking, etc. I just prayed to my HP up remove my feelings of sadness and selfishness. I just had to ride it all out. I came on her and posted and got great responses like you are getting now. Keep coming back. Do a some reading, praying or play with your kids. It will get better.

Zebra1275 05-16-2013 06:51 PM

When I was in early recovery I did a lot of reading. It helps you get out of your own pity party.

Reading other peoples stories about how bad things were for them and how they have since recovered provided motivation and inspiration. There are a lot of good stories in the Big Book and then there are a lot of more modern day stories of recovery. Look around this website and you can find a bunch of good book recommendations.

One I particularly enjoyed was Drunk by Augusten Burroughs. Not only is it a great story, the guy is damn funny.

Angiekins3 05-16-2013 07:13 PM

Thank you guys so much I spent some time with the kids watching mindless TV (I should have colored didn't think of that lol) went outside too and played They are 11 8 and 7 so its fun...I know I will go through a lot of emotions for a while.
Thank you all for responding to me and making me feel hopeful and better...
Angie

animalnurse9 05-16-2013 07:17 PM

Hey �� I get like that too. My emotions are all wonky.but I've felt that waning a bit the last week. I'm sure it will get less and less for u too.hang in there ��

Dee74 05-16-2013 07:17 PM

I'm glad you feel better Angie :)

D

BowTiesAreCool 05-16-2013 07:19 PM

Glad your feeling better! All will work out. Just keep strong.

sugarbear1 05-16-2013 07:24 PM

XA-Speakers - The lights are on!

listen to Bea M. talk about the "nunny bunnies"

I laughed!