SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Checking in, day 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/294896-checking-day-2-a.html)

Woozy 05-16-2013 01:00 PM

Checking in, day 2

Hi all, just wanted to poke my nose in. I hope everyone is having a productive and sober day.

Wanted to say thanks for the support yesterday, I had a rough hangover along with the usual shame, guilt, regret etc. that goes along with it. This site and your words of encouragement were the only bright spot on an otherwise miserable day.

After a great night of sleep, a good day of work, and a few good meals, I feel much better now. I also feel a stronger conviction than ever to stay sober. However I've also learned after my many failed attempts that temptation WILL present itself, and that my addiction will do anything it can to try and feed itself. Knowing this, I won't let my guard down for even a moment.

We all have to be really vigilant and steadfast, ready to stomp out and quickly dismiss those pesky addictive thoughts. Especially in early recovery, when we're at our most vulnerable.

BowTiesAreCool 05-16-2013 01:16 PM

Congrats on your day 2! I'm on my first day and I feel stronger this time as well. I am a lot more hopeful. I have come to terms that I am not losing a long life friend but I am ridding my life of the enemy who is hurting me and my family!

Torso 05-16-2013 01:17 PM

Hi Woozy

Glad you've made a commitment to give it another shot.
This can be your last attempt if you want it to be.

What resources are you using? Do you have a plan?

Stay strong!

sassu78 05-16-2013 01:21 PM

Hi Woozy! I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better. Congrats on your day 2! Keep it going and keep on coming here!

Woozy 05-16-2013 01:33 PM

Thanks everyone

Hi Torso

As far as a plan goes, I know there are a lot of things that need to change. My routine, the people I surround myself with, and not putting myself in situations I know will lead me to drinking.

I've also reached out to my sober friends (the few I have) which has been huge.

I'm trying to take each moment as it comes, being present, and feeling it out. I'm early in this, I know I don't have much ground to stand on yet. However, I know now 100% that I want to be sober and that I will stay that way.

Finally signing up here is pretty big too, considering I've lurked for at least 6 months

Woozy 05-16-2013 01:36 PM

Hi sassu!

It made me really happy you didn't drink yesterday, how're you doing today?

Dollyangel17 05-16-2013 01:39 PM

Congrats on Day 2 Woozy! Keep on moving and staying sober...you can do it:-)

sassu78 05-16-2013 02:14 PM

Hi Woozy! Thank you :o)

I'm doing so much better today. I felt very proud of me when I woke up with no hangover! Gym-Cupcake combination works for me ;o) Day 18...
I'm very happy to see you back here. You're doing great! You should be very proud of you.
:You_Rock_

1stthingsfirst 05-16-2013 02:17 PM

Thanks for posting this. I am having a day like you had yesterday and your thoughts ring true. I am ready to lose a life-long enemy today as well.

Hevyn 05-16-2013 03:48 PM

Proud of you, Woozy. You never have to go back there again. :)