Notices

Coming back into recovery...

Old 05-15-2013, 11:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Coming back into recovery...

Hi all-- I recently quit my job in NYC to come back to my parents' house in NJ to hopefully enroll in an IOP for dual diagnosis~~ I also suffer from anxiety, depression, and what I now think is PTSD. I received inpatient treatment about 2 years ago & have proceeded to drink since. I know that living with my parents at 24 will be a contributing factor to keeping me sober. Any advice on what has worked for you in recovery & what has kept you sober would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Sutton123
Old 05-15-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Sutton

SR is whats kept me sober - this is a great community....you'll find a lot of support, and a lot more ideas here - glad you found us

D
Old 05-15-2013, 11:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee! The more sober connections I make, the better. It will be helpful to use this as a resource in addition to the counseling & psychiatric care I will get at the IOP, especially since my treatment assessment couldn't be scheduled until Friday.

All the best,
Sutton123
Old 05-16-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm staying sober with the help of SR and my counselor. SR is a great place for support and friendship.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

love your quote about dogs :)

Hi least,

Love your quote about dogs My rescue dog, Sutton, is everything to me. There is something so reassuring about the unconditional love from a dog! I also want to stay sober so that I can better care for him, although my parents have taken on a lot of the responsibility for the time being.

Sutton123