SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Depressed and sad today (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/294799-depressed-sad-today.html)

Sally3127 05-15-2013 02:14 PM

Depressed and sad today

I hate when I have days like today. What should have been a good day has been filled with depression and sadness and I'm not sure why. I was off work today and got to see my grandson graduate from preschool. That didn't lighten my load. I've prayed. I reached out to my sponsor but she just wasn't there for me ( for which I now have a resentment). She was fighting with her cable company. i went to a meeting this morning but left half way through because I just didn't want to be there. I'm home now with my dogs and just sad and lonely. Ugh. I guess I just have to ride it through in hopes tomorrow will be better.

DisplacedGRITS 05-15-2013 02:18 PM

Sometimes when i'm like this, i go out for ice cream, get back home and eat it while i watch youtube clips of classic SNL. Mr. Robinson's neighborhood and The Bass-o-Matic haven't failed me. The Eddie Murphy best ofs are really great!

noexcuse 05-15-2013 02:25 PM

Try taking the dogs for a walk... Mine is always so grateful when I take her, and I love getting ideas by checking out other houses at this time of year about what I might like to do in my yard to spruce it up a bit.

Down days are normal. We don't always have to be at 100% to be OK.

Lorax1981 05-15-2013 02:49 PM

I know how you feel. Keep your head up. Seems like some people get sober and feel great right away, but for others (myself included) it takes a while. Hope you feel better soon.
-Ted

2granddaughters 05-15-2013 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sally3127 (Post 3967668)
I hate when I have days like today. What should have been a good day has been filled with depression and sadness and I'm not sure why. I was off work today and got to see my grandson graduate from preschool. That didn't lighten my load. I've prayed. I reached out to my sponsor but she just wasn't there for me ( for which I now have a resentment). She was fighting with her cable company. i went to a meeting this morning but left half way through because I just didn't want to be there. I'm home now with my dogs and just sad and lonely. Ugh. I guess I just have to ride it through in hopes tomorrow will be better.

We have times like that Sally.
Why don't you call your sponsor and ask her how she made out with the Cable company? ... help her get the frustrations out and get the two of you back on the same page.
The last thing I need when I'm struggling is a resentment toward my sponsor ...:c033:

This too shall pass. All the best.

Bob R

Kayla50 05-15-2013 04:01 PM

Sally, I can relate. I've had a few days like that lately. I feel like no one wants to listen to how badly I feel like crumbling and things just don't feel like they are working. Sometimes it takes me days to feel a little better and I hate it. For me I usually have to have my two cats by me and on focus on their needs. Then I zone out watching the Food Network or something funny on tv. I have been very anxious and depressed lately as well. I think I need to see my Dr. again soon. I hope you are feeling a little better.