Notices

New and scared and unsure!!!

Old 05-16-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey SNST!! We can all do this together!! I know I need the support!! And I will gladly offer my support!! A lot of my sleep issues are because I work night.. 7p-7a...and when I work off and I know I'm gonna be off for a few days, I try to get my sleep back on a regular cycle..So my sleep is always messed up.. And I know that is gonna make it harder for me probably..Part of me is hoping I will just be so dang exhausted tonight that I just pass out when my head hits the pillow and I sleep long and hard! But that little demon in my brain is telling me that is probably not going to happen!! Hey, a girl can dream can't she? LOL...
Old 05-17-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning all!! I SLEPT last night!!! It doesn't hurt that I had been awake 39 hours!!! I fell asleep fairly easy and I feel rested...Thank God!!! This morning I'm up getting ready for our daughter's graduation!! Thanking The Lord I feel decent! I actually get to go pick up the hubby for a day pass so he can be with the family for graduation! Thanking GOD for today!!! Thanks everybody for the support!!! Best of luck to everybody today!! Keep your heads up and I'm saying a prayers for everybody on here today!!! Will check back later!!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good morning, Rdy! Have fun at graduation today!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good Morning! So glad you feel better today & got some sleep. Enjoy your day
Old 05-17-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

RDY, It takes a lot of courage. you CAN do it!!!! don't back down from it!! "your worth WAY to much"!!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sicknsooootired View Post
good morning! So glad you feel better today & got some sleep. Enjoy your day
nice quote!!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Today was a good day! I was able to spend all day with the hubby and our daughter! It was great to watch her graduate TOGETHER and know that we are all on the path to a new life! Not gonna lie, my mind was in overdrive today for awhile...my physical symptoms are more tolerable...but it's the mental symptoms that were harder today!! But it was good for me and hubby to be able to sit and have an honest talk about our progress...He is at 67 days! I am at 4 days!!! Big difference and he was a huge help for me today! It seems I was always his support but today he was mine!! And that makes me want to work even harder! I want him to be proud of me..because I am so proud of him!
We went out for lunch...but I really had no appetite...and what I did eat made me nauseated..I'm hoping I can sleep tonight..I'm nowhere near as exhausted as I was last night! But maybe I can sleep...My legs bother me pretty bad at night...but at least it's not the all over restlessness! I can tolerate the legs!!
My niece and I went walking with my doggies this afternoon...We walked about 2 miles!! That has really been helpful...Just staying busy!
Thanks for the support guys! I've thought about y'all today alot! I told my hubby how good I felt being on here!!
I hope everybody had a good day! And if today wasn't how you wanted it to be, I pray tomorrow is!!
Old 05-17-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Talking doing great

You are doing great and the right thing. Sometimed I/we don't give ourself credit for that. You're right where you should be. Just remember depending how long you drank, it takes awhile to leave you system. You brain cells are fatty, and can hold onto alcoho longer. Also when drinking your body makes more receptors because of added dopeamine(sp). What happens when you stop drinking there is less dopeamine but still alot of receptors. Sort of like if you had one ice cream cone and 50 kids. Keep up the good work. Hint, if you excercise that will make dopemine while receptors die out. The is a good book maybe on line called PALM I think, that explains the physical and mental withdrawal from alcohol. It won't stop it, but it was a help to no what to expect and understand that it is normal. The good part id the longer you don't drink it will get less and less intense.if you walk 5 miles into the woods you must walk 5 miles out. Sorry, but no shortcuts