Notices

Day 3 was tough, but I made it!!!

Old 05-15-2013, 02:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 was tough, but I made it!!!

Hi guys,

I haven't posted much but I've been reading a lot, I'm happy to say I've made it 72 hours without a drink! Well, I'm still in day 3 theoretically but I won't be drinking today. Day 1 & 2 went OK I guess, after a few weeks of pretty heavy drinking (2 liters of wine a night) and binging on the WE to the point of multiple memory losses. Scary... Had a few nightmares alcohol related the past 2 nights, including one last night where I thought I was vomiting all over my pillow, before waking up to a small drooling...relieved! I was pretty motivated the first 2 days and reading SR an hour or so every night has really helped me, all this motivation & inspiration that you find here! Going to bed early, waking up fresh, having a productive day, feeling clarity & energy, that was great! But came mid day 3, the addictive voice started creeping in my head: "you deserve a drink tonight as a reward for making 2 days", "you had 3 strong working days so you need to relax a bit", "only 1 beer won't hurt you" AHHHHH! I really weighed drinking and I honestly thought I would, but then I remembered reading about AVRT and 'one day at a time' (thanks SR) and I told the addictive voice to **** off. Finished off the day in a good mood, not looking forward to the 6PM drink, went home happy, heard this guy in the street whistling a song that just gave me even more motivation not too drink and I was smiling all the way back home. Went to the shop to buy myself some grape juice (love it) as a 'real' reward, currently enjoying that drink! : ) Felt like I needed to write here because you guys have been really helpful the past few days, especially today when I thought I would crack. And of course I'm proud of myself! Looking forward to tomorrow as I know I'll be waking up fresh and I'll be ready to take the day on, hopefully I can make it four. One day at a time! : )

Beat.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, BeatThisNow.

Congrats on Day 3. These early days are really tough, but good news it's getting better)

Hold on, you are doing great. Take one day at a time and keep posting.

Best luck to you on the sober journey)
Old 05-15-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds fabulous Beat!! Day 3 is a killer for me so well done! Super proud and happy for you!! Be well x
Old 05-15-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations for not listening to the addictive voice. That SOB accounts for most of the relapses, and won't give up although will lessen with time and sobriety. BE WELL
Old 05-15-2013, 04:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

Yay!!! Today is my day 3. I will try AVRT tonight as I already know what's going to happen
Old 05-15-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Today will be my second day once the day ends. I wish I wasn't having withdraw syptoms. It's so uncomfortable.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 3 4hours 45 minutes from day 4 for me & I have to say day 3 was a tough one for me as well .. But we made it and Well on our way
Old 05-15-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Congratulations! Getting past or to day 3 was always a struggle of mine. I thought it got easier once I got over that hump.