Notices

Day 2

Old 05-14-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

Day 2

I made it! I felt great at work today. I was wondering why the hell I would ever want to drink when I can feel so good without it.I got home from work and my mind went straight to alcohol. I tried to get my sister to go out to dinner with me so that I could get a drink. She took too long to decide and I just waited it out on the couch. I did not want to waste my night thinking about alcohol or being sad because I did not get my fix. So instead I got off the couch and did some yard work, grilled out, went for a walk, and met my new neighbors. I have no cravings or desires to drink right now.
The hours of 4:30-8:30 are my rough time. I need to figure something out before tomorrow at that time otherwise I will be back in the cycle.
Yay for no hangover tomorrow!!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

""I was wondering why the hell I would ever want to drink when I can feel so good without it""
U said it u'reself so the question is how bad do u want recovery. Good for u on 2 days. The only solution I can give is attend mtgs @ happy hr which it seems is u're time when cravings arise. We drank to change the way we fell so now that u're sober, the way u chg that is by going to meetings or doing service work(which is later on around 6 mths)
Its great being sober. Productivity & usefulness is off the charts
Old 05-14-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you, two days is awesome! Keep it up and you'll be free from the prison of alcoholism. Yay!
Old 05-15-2013, 01:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you had a productive day.