Notices

Trying to quit Oxycodone... Starting to feel bad.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to quit Oxycodone... Starting to feel bad.

Hello, my name is Jae. I have been an opiate user on and off since my early teens. I am 27 now. I have used Vicodin for recreational use steadily now for about a year. I started off very little at 1 pill a day.

For the last 2 months, I use Oxycodone, 15mg 1-3 times a day. I didn't expect to start getting withdrawals from that little of a dose but now I am (just started 1-2 days without trying to stop) and it scares me. I have always been very much anxiety prone and that is what bothers me the most. Last night, for the first time, I couldn't sleep. I had horrible chest pains and anxiety. This morning, without dosing, I didn't have symptoms. Now, even though I just took a dose 1.5hrs ago, I am having body aches and anxiety. I know I can't quit cold turkey. I am not 100% addicted mentally, just I gather... physically. I can be strong willed and just not take them, however, the physical stuff sucks.

What should my plan of action be? Since I have only been taking it regularly for about 2 months and only 15mg at a time, how long will this last? I can't take diphenhydramine -- it gives me a nervous reaction. Would klonopin help?

Thank you in advance.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I put the pills away 11 days ago, cold turkey, for me thats the only way, I know I cant ween myself that just wouldnt work for me, the first few days were awful, but I managed to get through it and Im starting to feel like myself again, of course I have a long way to go but I was a heavy user for almost 10 years. However you choose to do it of course it what you feel comfortable with, remember though as much as you think you will never feel better, you will I promise, and with each day you will continue to feel better. For me reading an posting here every time I get a craving has helped tremendously! Good Luck, you cant beat this
Old 05-14-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Since we can't predict how long your withdrawal will last or how it will be, I'd suggest you see your doctor and ask their help in quitting safely and comfortably.