SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Well the Window Has Closed (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/294687-well-window-has-closed.html)

AugustWest11 05-14-2013 04:39 PM

Well the Window Has Closed

Made it through another day SOBER . still am having struggles; still not sure what tomorrow brings. I know I don't want to drink & I know I can't drink . They say; whomever "they" are, knowing is half the battle; well after my 3rd day; I am not so sure :( Has been rough, urge was stronger .. I have no true urge now; other then I want out of my head :c021: But again as I said I made it and am now 3 days 6 hours 40 minutes sober .

Hevyn 05-14-2013 04:41 PM

Very proud of you AugustWest. Better days are coming - and you don't have to feel like this ever again.

Lovelivelaugh 05-14-2013 04:46 PM

Well done August! 3 days is great.. Today was day 3 for me but I caved. It's ok tho, I haven't fully committed yet, I'm currently back in Ireland where I'm originally from, on holiday. I live in Australia usually, but was disappointed that I caved quite easily tonight :( I'm slowly getting ready to take the plunge in the sobriety pool :) well done making it thru day 3, I think it's quite a milestone :) x

AugustWest11 05-14-2013 04:48 PM

They better be soon cause I am not sure I am this strong again :( You know it's bad when you try and vacuum to take your mind off and you Pop a Breaker 2 times & then you beg your chronic pain to come back so you CANT walk to get booze :c021:

Dollyangel17 05-14-2013 04:49 PM

Congrats! It is hard, but hoping each day gets easier for us!

AugustWest11 05-14-2013 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dollyangel17 (Post 3966220)
Congrats! It is hard, but hoping each day gets easier for us!

Hope

Stewart888 05-14-2013 04:57 PM

yes you hear or read it..."it's gets easier as time passes" well it does. I working on 8 months....everyone has been sober did the 3rd day too. Not always easy we all know but we did it and you will too. The cravings get furthur apart....that is what happends.

Dee74 05-14-2013 04:58 PM

It does get better August :)
man by day 3 I was just out of bed, usually - keep going :)

D

quitforme79 05-14-2013 04:58 PM

It will get better, you can do this. Great job on 3 days!

AugustWest11 05-14-2013 05:00 PM

the cravings weren't as bad as the anxiety :p But TY as I said I HOPE cause today took a lot out of me . TY All :)

Sasha4 05-14-2013 08:21 PM

I have anxiety.
I think it is just one of those things I have to accept and work on. Its part of me, it is who I am.

I know that drink makes it worse, a lot worse.
For years I thought it was a cure for anxiety.
Now I know better.

I have developed coping mechanisms which alleviate it to an extent.

I think that once I accepted it was part of me, then it made things a bit easier.

I would rather have the anxiety I have now than the anxiety I had when I was drinking. That was horrific. I never you if it was real or imagined or just down to the drink.

At least now I know how the natural, unalcoholised me is!

Does that help in any way?
xx

CriticalMass 05-14-2013 08:30 PM

I'm so proud of you! We're almost done with Day 3! :dance1a:

1newcreation 05-14-2013 08:38 PM

I keep hearing from old timers not to quit 5 mins b4 my miracle happens! W/ evthg that's happened to me in 11 mths but esp last 2 wks even my own sponsor said he doesn't know how I've managed to stay sober thru all the bs...so I guess I'll wait n c if tomm is my miracle day...hang in there-u're NOT alone

Elly40 05-14-2013 08:54 PM

Hi Augustwest, I'm only on day 17, so very early for me too, but my third day was by far the worst day, my anxiety was at all time high, like you it was worse than the cravings, I just couldn't shake it. That's all but gone now, I still have a little bit but nothing like in the beginning. Hang in there, it will pass. :)

AugustWest11 05-15-2013 03:50 AM

Will be a brief reply for; seeing as my pain is worse, so hard to get out of bed.. TY all for your concern, Support; and encouragement.. I keep telling myself it gets better .. So here is to day 4's countdown .. Again TY all..

Ozarkcowboy 05-15-2013 03:57 AM

Stay after it. You will soon see the fruits of your labor.
You can do this.
Best wishes.

MidnightBlue 05-15-2013 04:15 AM

Hi, August.

Sorry your pain is worse. I wish I could give you some wise advice how to easy it, but I don't know any((

Sending you positive vibrations on Day 4.

Keep us updated and take care.

AugustWest11 05-15-2013 04:56 AM

Took me an hour; but between the birds chirping, sun; & 2 hungry cats I finally dragged myself out of bed made coffee (not sure why it is so bad for anxiety) An now on my 1st cup trying to muster the strength, energy, motivation to jump in the shower ... My Anxiety level is just as high and not sure how much of a struggle Day 4 will be yet .. But I do know I am 5 hours away, I am not so hung over I need it NOW, and I have a glimmer of hope .. So even though the packie just opened :p Yea funny how I still been keeping track of that; I am not at the door & I didn't take "the walk of shame" :) Although calling it that just makes it harder when I need smokes & water lol

MidnightBlue 05-15-2013 05:21 AM

Just an hour? I should say, you are doing fine. In my early days I could lie in half of a day. Anxiety is often high in the first days. Google for some deep-breathing/relaxation techniques. I used to hate it, but it really helps.

Anna 05-15-2013 05:32 AM

I hope today is a bit easier for you, and I think it will be.