Blogs

Notices

Officially day 3

Old 05-14-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Let's get through day 3 together! I had 5 last week, but I failed during the weekend. Back on board!
The Following User Says Thank You to CriticalMass For This Useful Post:
AugustWest11 (05-14-2013)
Old 05-14-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Once I came in he was fine .. I think he suffers from separation anxiety lol Kinda like me at times .. Ironic .. As for the slippers; the big part you were waiting on I am sure .. I just took them off from smoking the other half off a cig since I only smoke outside and only half a time; I smoke less .. Not that it is any better for me lol But no I did not take that "walk of shame" & my Window for it now is very small . So I can add another almost sixth of a day on to my count .. Sadly not feeling any better; and still craving . But as they say Tomorrow is another day . I do really appreciate the support you have given me today .. Still debating on opening up more Cause I do think that is a part of my problem and should be part of my recovery ...
Old 05-14-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

TY CM I am not making any promises as of yet; but as I just said my "Window" is closing .. lol At least for today ... Again Thanx ..
The Following User Says Thank You to AugustWest11 For This Useful Post:
CriticalMass (05-14-2013)
Old 05-14-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

There were definitely times in the beginning that I was staying sober one minute at a time. Everyone told me it would get easier, but I had a hard time thinking I wouldn't always feel that way. If I hadn't kept plugging through, I wouldn't have seen that they were right. I wouldn't have seen that it does get easier. Keep clawing through this. Something that helped and made sense to me was the theory of an addictive voice. Because I knew I wanted to be sober deep down but I also had this voice and these thought that so desperately wanted a drink. I didn't understand how both could be true or both could be me. So any part that wanted a drink became the AV, addictive voice, and I started recognizing it and shutting it down. Ecuador frankly it was selfish and didn't want was best for me. I'm sure it's explained better than that. Maybe look it up. It's called AVRT. At the very least it will occupy some more time.
The Following User Says Thank You to OneLessLonely For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I will; I always have time to fill this week :p I think That is my biggest problem .. Time\Boredom .. I focus on my physical pain\psychological pain and so on and so on ..
Old 05-14-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Unhappy It's sooo hard

Today is my day 1. I stayed home from work today because I'm having withdrawel syptoms and can barely stand the depression and anxiety. I've never been drunk at my job but I'm starting to fear my bosses are onto me having a problem with drinking and anxiety and depression. I don't want to lose this job! And I'm sooo miserable. I had two years of sobriety once but I feel like I'm so far gone there is no fixing me. I want to cry too. I hate having the fear and feeling like everyone is watching me. My dad thinks I should just be able to quit and he's pretty much done with me at this point. I only have my mom and some AA friends.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kayla50 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yea we are not in an easy situation now are we .. Grant you day 1 was pretty rough; but I Congratulate you making it this far There is a wealth of info as well as really good people ..
The Following User Says Thank You to AugustWest11 For This Useful Post:
Kayla50 (05-14-2013)