Notices

xanex addiction

Old 05-13-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

xanex addiction

Hello all, I'm new to this board and looking for help w/ having to go to my Dr or rehab. I have a problem taking xanex at night to sleep. My body has become so dependent on them one night I didn't have one and I was up all night, shaking, puking & was hearing things. Has anyone quit on thier own? My plan so far is to take 3 vs 4 .05mg & a melatonin. Then take out another .05 2 weeks later...and so forth.
Would love any advice, sucess stories, ect!
Thank you!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It really would be best to talk to a dr about this medication and your plan to wean off it.

We can't give any kind of medical advice.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Please go to a Doctor. I tried to do it myself and it was the worst experience in my life. After 3 days of hallucinations (both auditory and visual), shakes, no sleep, no appetite, and the worst nightmares in my life.. (and I'm a tough guy ). Checked in for 3 days. Made all the difference in the world. I would strongly suggest you don't cold turkey. See a Doctor. That's what they are there for. My 2 cents.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful

Originally Posted by lisadoe View Post
Hello all, I'm new to this board and looking for help w/ having to go to my Dr or rehab. I have a problem taking xanex at night to sleep. My body has become so dependent on them one night I didn't have one and I was up all night, shaking, puking & was hearing things. Has anyone quit on thier own? My plan so far is to take 3 vs 4 .05mg & a melatonin. Then take out another .05 2 weeks later...and so forth.
Would love any advice, sucess stories, ect!
Thank you!
I would also advise going to a doctor so he can supervise your taper. I think you have the right idea, but benzo withdrawals can be very dangerous, thus the recommendation to do it under a doctor's supervision.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Everyone's withdrawal from any drug is individual and cannot be compared to others.

You should seek professional guidance even though I know you would rather not it is really the best choice for your health and protection. There are horror stories of benzo withdrawal and some not so horror. Really a good idea for medical advice.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had my day with Xanax too, it was a horrible, w/d. Take everyone's advice an see a doc. It is very dangerous to go cold turkey off of Xanax, I went to rehab for 3 days, then out patient for 6 months, but finally beat it Thank God!! Good Luck