Notices

Hello everyone

Old 05-13-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Hello everyone

So im goin thru a rough time rite now, im trying to figure out a way to get my life back on track..i dont know if i should just go cold turkey from suboxone..so many things are running thru my mind..If im gonna be able to take care of my son? How bad will it hurt? How long will it take? I usually limit myself and sometimes take a half of 8mg sub or somedays I'll cut the strip 3 times and have it for three days...so i really cant say how many mg im on..i just know i really wanna change and start fresh..Any suggestion?
Old 05-13-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome

do you have a Dr exquisite? Have you asked them about stopping?

D
Old 05-13-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No i have no doctor..i made an appointment for friday but i feel like if i go to the appointment then ill have them to depend on..really wanna do it without the detox places and doctors. Is it possible?
Old 05-13-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience with that I'm afraid.

I'd follow up on your appointment tho....I think it's good to at least get some professional advice.

we have a suboxone forum here you might like to read through:
Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 05-13-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that talking to a dr is a good way to start. It would give you a better idea of what to expect.

I hope you can make this work.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope the doctor can help you get off the suboxone.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

I feel for you, that's rough. I don't know about suboxone at all but years ago I got addicted to dilaudid after long term use for pain. When the pain was cured by surgery, I stopped taking the dilaudid all at once. Wow, what a shock! I was freaking out, had trouble breathing, totally anxiety in a different way than usual, like an immediate feeling of terrible doom, almost like I was going to die. It actually took me a while to figure out what the symptoms were being caused by, until a little voice in my head told me to take the pills. Then I was like "of course!" and realized I was suffering withdrawal and I took the pills.
When I talked to the doctor he said that I should not have just stopped without consulting him. Mind you, he was the one who said I wouldn't get addicted (doctors certainly not perfect) and he didn't offer much advice aside from cutting down gradually, which you are doing already.
I took a TINY amount less each day or every other day for 4 weeks. I started at 12 pills a day and at the end was dividing them and taking one quarter of a pill per day. I had no physical symptoms this way and kept myself on track by writing down my progress.
Thing is, I was terrified of staying addicted and I had tons of motivation to get off them. I have other problems to deal with... I am not sure if that helps at all but it's my experience. At least you are starting to help yourself.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Ps. I don't think my experience really relates to yours as it's quite a different thing but I just wanted to share and offer encouragement really.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Grateful

exquisite,

I was on suboxone for 6 months and I found it just as hard if not harder to come off of as the opiates. I had a doctor (psychiatrist) help me wean off of it slowly. I was down to almost nothing when I got off of it totally and still had a bit of discomfort for a few days. I would get some help if at all possible.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone..love hearing the stories..and yes i think ill stick with the doctors becuz i wanna be able to help my self and my son..he is jus two and he needs his mama..just wanna be off this drug already