Notices

Back again...

Old 05-13-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again...

So the site tells me it's been 3 years since last time I was here. Still having problems with the binging. 'Controlled drinking' isn't a phrase my brain seems to know or compute. After two 3 plus bottle of wine nights out in the last couple of weeks I've decided enough is enough. The last night out on Thursday almost cost me my 5 year relationship. Combined with the citalopram (celexa) and depression itself i can't cope with the memory loss, 'fear', shame, anxiety and physical symptoms that stay around for days after one of these nights. Need to try and do something different.

It's the third day so far and I'm a bit scared of a sober existence...a bit of hope there too. Ill fake that for now!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had big problems, I think, with the combination of citalopram and alcohol. I first found this site when I was looking for a connection to taking citalopram and alcohol cravings. I believe (apart from the fact I am an alcoholic!) that taking that AD made me obsess and crave alcohol more.

After researching I found it increases carb cravings. I went from a weekend binder to an almost daily heavy drinker.

I'm 200 days alcohol free tomorrow and I feel much, much less depressed, to the point of no longer having to take ADs.

Good luck on your journey. You have nothing to lose and a heap of amazing discoveries to gain.

S x

Ps edit to add I did this all under my GPs guidance.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Sazzle. Glad to hear its going so well for you. I had a phase of 6 months where I drank 6-8 cans of beer a night and I think I only managed to stop that because I stopped living by myself. I've been working away the past few months which started the 5/6 days a week drinking again, even if only 1 or 2 some nights. I've been constantly 'apathetic' and that's when the binging has got worse again on nights out.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Back JaspersFan... I'm back too; on day 20 this time. Hope my join date makes you feel a little better. This is a great hang out to dry out
Old 05-13-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Elegant and well done. Glad to be back again and plan on sticking around a lot longer this time.