Miserable

Old 05-12-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Miserable

Just feeling awful today... Sick of life as I know it
Old 05-12-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Is April 10 still your sobriety date? One month is AWESOME!

Originally Posted by jstanthrgrl31 View Post
Sick of life as I know it
SR is a good place to start looking for others ways to stay sober!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just feeling awful today... Sick of life as I know it
Exactly!
That's why you are changing your life as you know it...we all are!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

These moments pass. Hang in there.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel ya! More ups n downs than a roller coaster this recovery thing.and life in general.remember, this too shall pass xx
Old 05-12-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there! It DOES get better & as long as you don't pick up a drink...it will continue to get better. Some days just plain suck, but it will pass. I usually take myself to a meeting or jump on here to SR & see how others are doing & that helps.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

All I do is work to keep busy and make back all the money I've literally watched go up in smoke... I'm tired... I just finished a grueling semester thank god that's over.... I just want it to be hot and sunny so I can lay next to my pool and enjoy myself... But between working and stress I'm just plain fed up!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're like me you drank for years - it can sometimes take a little while to sort out the 'wreckage', if you like...

you absolutely will tho, if you keep working at it.

Don't lose faith

D
Old 05-13-2013, 12:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Stop drinking now. End this misery right now. You have to tell yourself this seriously is the end. Full stop. I've been where you are today so many times. Life without booze is incomparable, amazing. You can do it. You never have to suffer again. Even if I have to sit in looking at the wall I never ever want that back. X
Old 05-13-2013, 12:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Okay I'm not a drinker and I'm not currently using I'm a cocaine/crack addict alcohol is not an issue... I've been clean for a month.... I'm just miserable bc my life sucks bc of my addiction I've smoked away so much money and my marriage is rough
Old 05-13-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Figure out why your life sucks, ( I know it sounds easy and I know it's hard ) but figure that out and then begin fixing it. Then you will be free from drugs forever.
How do I know this you ask? Cuz my life sucked bigtime too, but now I'm fixing it...
and you can too.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gmanriley View Post
Figure out why your life sucks, ( I know it sounds easy and I know it's hard ) but figure that out and then begin fixing it. Then you will be free from drugs forever.
How do I know this you ask? Cuz my life sucked bigtime too, but now I'm fixing it...
and you can too.
My life sucks bc my husband doesn't trust me.... I'm working a ton of overtime to try and make up for the 1000's of dollars I smoked Away... I'm tired I just finished the most grueling semester ever... My house is a mess and I don't even know where to start...
Old 05-14-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My life sucks bc my husband doesn't trust me.... I'm working a ton of overtime to try and make up for the 1000's of dollars I smoked Away... I'm tired I just finished the most grueling semester ever... My house is a mess and I don't even know where to start...
Start by working on one thing at a time. Your life won't magically turn around for the better instantly. And frankly, there will always be challenges in our lives, albeit they will be much easier to deal with sans drugs/alcohol. We are used to just escaping/slacking off on our real responsibilities when we use. Now we have to figure out how to actually face things and deal with issues.

Make a daily schedule if that helps - including specific time to relax on your own, even if it's just for 10-15 minutes.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yeah my life is in shambles too now. I'm glad I'm sober though, that is the most important thing to me. I never even finished high school. Trust will be earned again. The longer your sober, the more trust you'll get from your husband.

The thing about your house being a mess, that happens to all of us. We get sober, and we realize what a cesspool we were living in. Heck, I remember when I got sober this one time, one of my many times trying, and I had to get rid of 600 empty beer bottles from my little apartment. Empties absolutely everywhere.

You have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep going. We all had to, and some of us still have to.