SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/294476-day-3-a.html)

Sabotage No More 05-12-2013 06:40 PM

Day 3

Hi Everyone,

Ok! I made it through the weekend. Mother's Day is coming to a close and I've spend most of the day reading posts, and resting. I talked to my family to admit my powerlessness over alcohol, and my mom said she received the best Mothers Day gift.
It took talking to my mom to realize how long I really have been sick. Ouch! the reality...but I am so grateful reading your posts that I am on the right direction to a healthy lifestyle

Well tomorrow, I will be having to head home only to pick up some paperwork that I need, and to throw away all the empty bottles of wine. I am needing and wanting to show my friend so I am in full reality of this problem that has gripped me for years. I get to spend a couple of hours with my kids and ask God to help me with the words of gentleness to express to them what's up with mom. (or is that down?)

Anyway, thanks for being here SR...much needed!::You_Rock_:thanks

I choose to not sabotage
I choose to live
I choose to be whole and healthy
and I choose to love

Bruce292 05-12-2013 06:45 PM

Thank you for your post. I think it's wonderful that you've opened up to your family. Hang in there and keep posting!

Richierich777 05-12-2013 08:14 PM

Yes I told my family and my mom. I felt I should let people know that I had a problem and if needed to talk to them I could.

FreeFall 05-12-2013 08:28 PM

"I choose to not sabotage" is a really powerful statement! We always have a choice, and many of us have fallen repeatedly into a trap of self sabotage. A good reminder to make life enhancing choices.

I'm glad you were able to talk to your family and get their support.

Sabotage No More 05-13-2013 07:12 AM

Self-sabotage has been a pattern in my life. But I am being more aware of my movements and thinking when things arise.
I am especially being aware of others who intentionally sabotage your life for their own agenda. That's what my mentor did to me. He sabotaged my well being for his agenda. So I am learning from the giver and taker...the prey and predator. Boundaries have been my downfall, but NOT NO MORE! I learn a word each week...last week was sabotage....this week its boundaries, I need to feel it before I can apply! apply! apply!

MidnightBlue 05-13-2013 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Godiswithin (Post 3963504)
Self-sabotage has been a pattern in my life. But I am being more aware of my movements and thinking when things arise.
I am especially being aware of others who intentionally sabotage your life for their own agenda. That's what my mentor did to me. He sabotaged my well being for his agenda. So I am learning from the giver and taker...the prey and predator. Boundaries have been my downfall, but NOT NO MORE! I learn a word each week...last week was sabotage....this week its boundaries, I need to feel it before I can apply! apply! apply!

Thank you for you post, Godiswithin. My mind is hell creative with self-sabotage as well. And I'm not good with boundaries either. I'm still learning.

Congrats on Day 3 and keep up great sobriety work)

Take care.

Sabotage No More 05-13-2013 01:13 PM

OK I did it...I made it through. My friend came with me...helped clean abit... Removed the empty wine bottles that I had in my pantry. There was 15 large wine bottles..months supply. The waves, the bubbles that came up in my system brought me to tears of what has happened to me...and what I choose to cope to the abuse.

One sec at a time...one moment at a time.