Notices

90 in 90

Old 05-12-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

90 in 90

Day 5 for me and I've already spoken at my first two AA meetings. They suggest 90 meetings in 90 days and I love the group but its intense and saps energy that ive needed so much lately. I feel guilty if I take a day off. I plan to go all weekdays and Sat. WOuld just like Sundays off. Any thoughts?
Old 05-12-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

i tried to do a 90 in 90 but when i fell behind in some meetings, i got discouraged because i didn't do it perfectly. what i do now is try to make at least 6 meetings a week. i give myself a day off and take it when i need it. that being said, there are some meetings that i go out of my way to make. those are on Tuesday nights, Wednesday nights, Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings. so, even though i like to take a day off, it's kinda limited, lol! i really try to make a Thursday night meeting but i don't feel itchy if i miss it like i do all those others.

90 in 90 is great if you have the time for it. if you don't, just make sure you're going to one more meeting a week than you think you need. why? because if you're not pushing yourself, you're not trying hard enough. that's my feeling on the matter. hope it helps you!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd say go to as many as you can and remember; the program of AA is not in the meetings, it's in working the 12 steps.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

AA does not require anything other than a desire to stop drinking.

Those steps saved my life, not the meetings. Those meetings helped me to find a sponsor who guides me through the steps which have helped me to establish and maintain a relationship with a power greater than me.

If I am always at a meeting, when do I have time to study those steps or meet with my sponsor or meet with a sponsee?

I committed to 2 meetings a week and continue to maintain that commitment. If I go to more, I need to know my motives behind my actions.

Keep your eyes open to find your sponsor so you can be guided through those steps.

I wish you well on your sober journey!
Old 05-12-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I admire people who do 90 in 90.

There was a guy at my meeting tonight discussing relapses. He said what do those people all have in common? They stopped going to meetings. I am one of those people who relapsed and I think he is right.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by seanyson View Post

They suggest 90 meetings in 90 days

WOuld just like Sundays off.
you are free to do as you wish
if you are going every day except Sunday
I would say that's pretty darn good attendance
but
I will admit
I have seen the 90 in 90 work wonders for many

in most cases gives us a good foundation
to base our recovery on
Old 05-12-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I did 90 in 90... Actually more then that because on tough days I went to 2 meetings. I agree it can be exhausting. I felt safe there though & in the first few months of sobriety everything exhausted me lol I know some people who didn't do 90 in 90 & stayed sober, guess its more of a personal preference. In my situation I had relapsed & my sponser said she wouldn't sponser me unless I did it. So I did
Old 05-12-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am on day 7 sober and have done 8 meetings so far. My plan is to do a meeting a day and as they say the 90 will take care of itself. I think the reason that you are supposed to do 90 in 90 is that it takes 90 days to form a habit ...I wouldn't worry so much about anything else but for that day. If you can go go....you know right now its where we all need to be.
Angie
Old 05-13-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Do what you want to do. In the beginning I hit a ton of meetings because it's what I needed at the time. People tell you what worked for them and a lot I know did 90 in 90 however one of my best friends with 15 years in AA only did 3 meetings a week because that's all he felt he needed. His advice is and always has been "work your own program". I know people with 30 plus years that do 7 meetings a week, works for them so good for them. I do about 2 a week and I'm good with that. If you feel like you need a meeting go to a meeting - pure and simple.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Old 05-13-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations all. The bottom line is not to pick up that first drink and get into a different mode of living because we need to change and be honest with ourselves. One of the main reasons I still get to 4-6 meetings a week is to remind myself and be constantly aware of that shite fairy still resident in my head, mostly dormant thank goodness. It tells US screwy things like we don't need meetings anymore, I know, ah but, you need a break from the war stories, you don't like........, it's to hot/cold/wet/slippery, I want to watch and on and on. I need to be aware of a dis-ease that's cunning, baffling and insidious even after many years sober/dry. BE WELL