SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Some house warming gift :) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/294423-some-house-warming-gift.html)

BikerAcct 05-12-2013 09:35 AM

Some house warming gift :)

I've recently moved back into my mothers house (officially, though I was her caretaker for years) after she passed away almost 2 years go.

I've just officially changed my address so of course I am getting all types of "welcome to the neighborhood" coupons and such. I just thought I'd share this one with you. Stuff like this never happened while I was still drinking.

I open yesterday's mail and what do I find?

a $100 discount coupon from WJS Wines! Imagine that, the Wall Street Journal has an online wine store and I can save $100 on an order of 12 red, white, or mixed bottles and only pay 69.99!

What a great deal! :react

Actually, it's funny. Wine was never my drink, though I didn't mind drinking it. - what did I mind? - but, I would never have have paid $170 for a case of wine! But then again, I'm not your Wall Street Journal type either.

So, this ad was no trigger for me, other than a trigger for a bit of alcohol related mirth and coincidence, so I thought I'd share it here and then get back to my hot coffee and housework.

Happy Sunday all.

Ptcapote 05-12-2013 10:31 AM

Someone "upstairs" just had a little snicker :)

Good thing that came to you and not me, however!

Have a great weekend and enjoy your coffee and maybe a ride? Don't know how the weather is in Ohio but here in PA it's perfect!

least 05-12-2013 01:17 PM

Glad you could see the humor in it.:)

deeker 05-12-2013 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by BikerAcct (Post 3962153)
I've recently moved back into my mothers house (officially, though I was her caretaker for years) after she passed away almost 2 years go.

I've just officially changed my address so of course I am getting all types of "welcome to the neighborhood" coupons and such. I just thought I'd share this one with you. Stuff like this never happened while I was still drinking.

I open yesterday's mail and what do I find?

a $100 discount coupon from WJS Wines! Imagine that, the Wall Street Journal has an online wine store and I can save $100 on an order of 12 red, white, or mixed bottles and only pay 69.99!

What a great deal! :react

Actually, it's funny. Wine was never my drink, though I didn't mind drinking it. - what did I mind? - but, I would never have have paid $170 for a case of wine! But then again, I'm not your Wall Street Journal type either.

So, this ad was no trigger for me, other than a trigger for a bit of alcohol related mirth and coincidence, so I thought I'd share it here and then get back to my hot coffee and housework.

Happy Sunday all.

Give it as a gift! To a normal drinker.:)